Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ride height

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my 2023 model s for a little less than a month now and am new to the adjustable suspension. I have the ride height set to default low but have noticed that the height is constantly changing.

For example, when I park on my driveway, sometimes the finger gap between the wheel and fender is 2 fingers and some days it's 4 fingers. Is this normal? It's really confusing me because there are days when I think I should get lowering links and some days it looks really low already. Any help is appreciated.

Is default low ride ticked within settings? If yes, then you are not parking on even ground. Car will always try to balance itself, that is why you want Jack mode enabled when changing tires. If there is 3 fingers on 1 side, other side could be 2 fingers only

On my car, the suspension automatically raises when going over the curb-hump pulling into my driveway. I never set it, but the car detects rough roads (the hump) and will auto adjust based on road conditions. Having the car raised when I arrive home is excellent because it makes it easier to get in and out of the car with the suspension raised. I think now I have manually set raised it to very-high at this GPS location for this purpose.

Sorry, what do you me by default low ride ticked within settings?
It is called "default ride height to low" tick box under suspension settings.

Per manual: if you choose comfort or auto settings, ride height can switch to medium if there is bumpy road.

If you keep it in sport it will always stay in low

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpeg
    IMG_0248.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 205
It is called "default ride height to low" tick box under suspension settings.

Per manual: if you choose comfort or auto settings, ride height can switch to medium if there is bumpy road.

If you keep it in sport it will always stay in low
Yes, the default low ride is selected in settings and in sport mode.

I understand the self-leveling now, just didn't realize it would adjust that much. I don't think my driveway is that uneven as it was repaved recently

Reactions: zivac87
Model s plaid 2023
I installed my lowering links. But I noticed the arm in my right front sensor is shorter than the left side. And I can’t get my right front side as low as my left. Anyone else notice therm length difference?