Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ride quality for refreshed S with lowering links

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally for me, using lowering links on our Plaid Model X with 22" wheels has a significant reduction in ride quality adding some harsh bouncy-ness when on low / very low setting. The only way to make it smooth again is on medium height setting but the car won't say there at high speeds.

Reactions: Phillysays
Personally for me, using lowering links on our Plaid Model X with 22" wheels has a significant reduction in ride quality adding some harsh bouncy-ness when on low / very low setting. The only way to make it smooth again is on medium height setting but the car won't say there at high speeds.
I just completed a 400 mile trip in my 2023 Model S LR. The car went into low suspension at 70 mph. I went into suspension and clicked on Medium and it stayed on medium.

How long did it stay? Mine always reverts back to low.
It stayed in Medium for hours until I stopped to charge. When continued my trip, when I changed it to Medium, it stayed there. I am on software 2023.26.9 so that may have be the reason it worked for me. My car has hardware 4.0 but that should not affect suspension settings.

I believe that the software needs to be changed so that you can set the speed so that it automatically goes to Low from a range of 55 mph and up to 85 mph.

On Thursday of next week, I going on a 1,400 mile trip. I am getting the N2itive Black lowering links and the Black rear camber arms installed tomorrow. I only have 900 miles on my 2023 Model S LR so hopefully this will help me not have to replace rear tires as often and not wear out the front half-shafts.

It stayed in Medium for hours until I stopped to charge. When continued my trip, when I changed it to Medium, it stayed there. I am on software 2023.26.9 so that may have be the reason it worked for me. My car has hardware 4.0 but that should not affect suspension settings.

I believe that the software needs to be changed so that you can set the speed so that it automatically goes to Low from a range of 55 mph and up to 85 mph.
Tested yesterday evening. On freeway doing 68 miles an hour, I could only select "low" and "very low" suspension settings. I could not select anything higher. If I slow down below 35mph I can, but afterwards it goes back down to low.

2023 MXP running HW4 / 23.32.4

Can you check to see if you're in "jack mode"? Mine likes to go into that mode on it's own sometimes.
I am not in Jack Mode.

I had N2itive rear camber arms and Lowering Links installed on my 2023 Model S LR two days ago. The alignment was done in Low mode. I clicked on Low Mode (default) so my car stays in Low mode all of the time. I did this to resolve the rear tires and the front half shafts wearing out.

We have different software installed. My car has Low, Medium, High, and Very High options. I do not have Very Low so this may be the reason the your car will not allow you to switch from Low to Medium on the highway and stay in the Medium mode.

Tested yesterday evening. On freeway doing 68 miles an hour, I could only select "low" and "very low" suspension settings. I could not select anything higher. If I slow down below 35mph I can, but afterwards it goes back down to low.

2023 MXP running HW4 / 23.32.4
Is low and very low an X only setting? On my 23 MSP I only have very high, high, medium and low

I am not in Jack Mode.

I had N2itive rear camber arms and Lowering Links installed on my 2023 Model S LR two days ago. The alignment was done in Low mode. I clicked on Low Mode (default) so my car stays in Low mode all of the time. I did this to resolve the rear tires and the front half shafts wearing out.

We have different software installed. My car has Low, Medium, High, and Very High options. I do not have Very Low so this may be the reason the your car will not allow you to switch from Low to Medium on the highway and stay in the Medium mode.
Oh jeez, you have a model S, I have an X. Duh! Yeah that is probably why it's different... good to know :)

Reactions: S100D
I have a rattle in the back and I have not found it yet. Where do you put the sponge on the rear seat to stop that rattle?

I don't have a pic handy, but it slides in between the 60/40 split towards the top. You can tuck it in enough so that it doesn't show and no one ever knows it's there. Mine has worked non-stop since doing it 6 months ago or however long ago it was.

Essentially it just removes any existing slack between the seats and keeps the brackets from rattling.

• Helpful
Reactions: aerodyne