Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nose Cone Model S changes year to year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,

I'm looking into buying a 2014 Model S but it's missing the nose cone. I have a Polestar 2 and love it and wanted to get a second EV but know nothing about the Tesla S.
I understand there were some changes with parking sensors / no sensors but I didn't find a list of the changes searching here.

This car has one plug that is visible to me hanging from the front where the nose cone will go. I assume for a sensor or camera?

Would appreciate any help on what the part number nose cone I might need, and sensors :)

Solution
This is a pre-AP1 car with parking sensors. No camera or radar. On the left side in the picture you can see one nosecone sensor harness. On the right side of the picture the wire is tucked back. There are different nosecones for cars with and without sensors, and AP1 used different sensors, so you'll need to be careful which you obtain.
This bumper has a hole for a nose cone. I just don't know does the nose cone need sensors or a camera too? what the part number(s) are?

1698872764997.png

Upvote 0
This is a pre-AP1 car with parking sensors. No camera or radar. On the left side in the picture you can see one nosecone sensor harness. On the right side of the picture the wire is tucked back. There are different nosecones for cars with and without sensors, and AP1 used different sensors, so you'll need to be careful which you obtain.

Reactions: gaswalla
Upvote 0
Solution