Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Airbag light on with DTC 809131 and 809631 Description RCM_d064_pasBPillarLeft and RCM_d061_pasBPillarRight 2018 Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first post. 3 months trying to fix and still Airbag light on with DTC 809131 and 809631 RCM_d064_pasBPillarLeft and RCM_d061_pasBPillarRight. The RCM was damaged by rainwater. Nothing was deployed ever. Replaced RCM with a used one that was reset and a second one which never deployed anything. Same codes persist with airbag light on.

If I unplug the left side B pillar impact sensor I get a 3rd code 809231 RCM_d063_pasCPillarLeft. This sensor is on the left B pillar yet throws a left C pillar code. Strange. See attached photo. This is the sensor I unplugged and even tried a new one.

All wires , pins and plugs are clean with no corrosion. This was 3 inches or so of fresh rainwater for a short period of time, immediately vacuumed out and continued to drive the car.

Both seat modules got wet and were replaced. Both seats are working properly.

The Body Control Module BCM/BCU has corrosion on the bottom inch of the board and appears to be working properly except the Auto Present handles failed. I assume that circuit is on the bottom of the BCM that got wet. Still fobs and app key work fine.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• tesla b pillar sensor.jpg
    tesla b pillar sensor.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 10
Hey Brian thank you for the reply. Regarding first things first, I wrote year make and model in the title. What more do I need to put?
So as stated in the title, you are correct the part number is for a pre 2019 model S. When I unplug that sensor in the picture I get a 3rd DTC. The 3rd DTC is for the C pillar which confuses me because it is located on the B pillar.

Upvote 0
Could the B pillar codes be the seat belts? They probably were in rainwater for a short while. It's obviously not the b pillar sensor because when I unplug it I get a C pillar error.

Attachments

• 2018 tesla model s b pillar left  c pillar left and b pillar right dtc.jpg
    2018 tesla model s b pillar left c pillar left and b pillar right dtc.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0
Hey Brian thank you for the reply. Regarding first things first, I wrote year make and model in the title. What more do I need to put?
So as stated in the title, you are correct the part number is for a pre 2019 model S. When I unplug that sensor in the picture I get a 3rd DTC. The 3rd DTC is for the C pillar which confuses me because it is located on the B pillar.
my bad, my brain skipped over the 2018 😅
well the point of the picture was that there are 2 sensors on each side so which one did u unplug?

Upvote 0