Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S 70 Airbag Light Still On After Side Impact Repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone this is my first post on here. I bought my first Model S recently from a salvage auction and am working on the repairs to get it fully functional. It had a side impact that damaged both passenger doors. I had all the damages repaired and the body looks great. The car had the two side airbags as well as the two front seat airbags all deploy and the seatbelts. I had all the airbags replaced, seatbelts replaced and had the srs module sent out to get it cleared through an ebay service. The pyro fuse was one of the first things I had replaced since it also was deployed. The car drives perfect now and everything is functional except that for some reason the airbag indicator light is still on. I had the car scanned using an Autel scanner and got the code: 800613 under restraints controller module. The scanner didn't give any details to what this code means. I also went out to a Tesla repair shop and they pulled out the mcu and ran a scan and found a fault in the HV first responder's fireman's loop. They suggested that there is a broken wire somewhere along the car where this loop runs down the car but didn't attempt to search for it. Now I'm stuck with this airbag light on and don't know where to search. Last thing I tried was I replaced the door pressure sensor that is bolted onto the door shell but the airbag light is still on. Does anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• tesla1.jpeg
    tesla1.jpeg
    399.6 KB · Views: 145
Yes I found the issue. What happened was I needed to replace the pyrofuse with a new one. I had already done this but while i was troubleshooting something else i had installed the old pyrofuse which was already deployed but i had just replaced the metal internal part that breaks when deployed. Turns out you have to use a new pyrofuse which i did but i just forgot to put the new one back in when i was done troubleshooting another issue.