Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S uncertain in straight line after front suspension aft link assembly replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi fellow EV drivers,

After Tesla replaced the front suspention aft link assembly (1027351-00-D listed on the invoice) on my 2017 model S with air suspension, steering feels too ‘light’ ever since. I went back and they aligned it after my complaint, but it didnt fix anything. Before, it would drive like on rails. Even in strong winds, it wouldnt budge on the highway. Now, it still drives straight but it veers off course easily. Even at low speeds. It’s hard to explain in detail, but the effect is that I get regular alarms that I am departing a lane. Never had that before and I’m pretty sure my skills haven’t diminished overnight.
Went to another garage and asked if they could check the alignment, but they said it was all good. They did mention that maybe Tesla didnt reset the steering angle sensor. Not sure if that could be related. Does anyone have any idea? Tesla service center don’t see any connection between the suspension part replacement and the steering characteristic change and try to blame it on worn tires. I’m pretty sure they didnt suddenly wear while they were replacing the parts.
Hope someone can point me in the right direction for a fix, I really want it to drive like it did before…
Thanks in advance.