Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No delivery on 24th =_=

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call from TM asking me to sign the invoice again. The invoice version 2 no longer shows the $1900 for the parcel shelf and then a discount at the bottom. Instead, it has "0" for the value of the Parcel Shelf instead.

Apparently this was what held up the deliveries. And they will try to register my car with TD today.

I got a call from TM asking me to sign the invoice again. The invoice version 2 no longer shows the $1900 for the parcel shelf and then a discount at the bottom. Instead, it has "0" for the value of the Parcel Shelf instead.

Apparently this was what held up the deliveries. And they will try to register my car with TD today.

Yeah, I signed the new invoice last night too. They said they are done with custom clearance and will submit the documents to TD today, guess we may get the car earlier than Aug 5.

Sounds like a huge mess. It's like they are delivering their first car.

Agreed.
And while I'm sure Tesla will blame it on the bureaucracy of TD and Customs -- and I'm sure that's true -- it is also avoidable. Car dealers in Hong Kong import thousands of cars every day. They have done such paperwork a million times. They know all the the ins-and-outs and they can anticipate the problems. If Tesla had hired a senior delivery guy from one of the dealers, then these problems would not occur.

Signed the revised TD Form. Since there are new invoice number and new optional item amount ($1900 for parcel shelf is gone), so they have to change these info on the TD form.

Did they put all the accessory prices on the first TD form? When I signed mine, they had everything blank apart from the base price of the Model S at something like 760,000HKD.

They havent asked me to sign a revised TD form yet...

Did they put all the accessory prices on the first TD form? When I signed mine, they had everything blank apart from the base price of the Model S at something like 760,000HKD.

They havent asked me to sign a revised TD form yet...
Yes, it was blank in mine too. Guess they put the previous figure and the old invoice number in the TD form before they made the new invoice. You have to sign the new invoice (without the $1900 in the total) first to sign the revised TD form.

I've got papers ready for personalized license plate also. Anything you can recommend to avoid problems at my delivery (mid September, so no rush).
In my case, only the missing signature on the personalized plate form is avoidable (I didn't really check the form when I gave it to them).

I am sure they will do better with your delivery if its in mid September or later. :cool:

In my case, only the missing signature on the personalized plate form is avoidable (I didn't really check the form when I gave it to them).

I am sure they will do better with your delivery if its in mid September or later. :cool:

So you hand over the PRM papers (including your signature) to TM, and then they can do the rest seamlessly?

Depending on the delivery schedule, there is a fair chance I won't be in HK the weeks leading up to delivery - so I hope they can clear all papers that need my presence either prior to - or on delivery.