Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No delivery on 24th =_=

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you hand over the PRM papers (including your signature) to TM, and then they can do the rest seamlessly?

Depending on the delivery schedule, there is a fair chance I won't be in HK the weeks leading up to delivery - so I hope they can clear all papers that need my presence either prior to - or on delivery.
No, I gave my DS the PRM paper without the signature (didn't know it requires my signature) the first time I met my DS. So that's the only avoidable problem.

BTW, I did tell him don't lose the PRM paper and he did a great job to keep the paper safe.

They told me tomorrow 7:30pm. Should I take it seriously?

Congrats~ it comes finally:biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

My uncle knows a friend who works in the TD said he conducted the type approval test of Model S three days ago, he likes the car. However, the keyword here is the date of type approval test. See how slow the TD is?

So how did the previous owners get their car in launch event if the type approval test just completed this week?:confused:

Type Approval is per model. So S60, S85, P85 and P85+ need approval. Similar for EPD approval.

Promotion of Electric Vehicles in Hong Kong | Environmental Protection Department

Seems that the first model approved was P85, but maybe P85+.

I think P85+ first, since I seem to be the only P85 in this batch and I just got a call from Ms Fung that some customs senior hasn't sign my car's paperwork (but my car is already sitting in the service centre?) and they might have to delay my delivery AGAIN :rolleyes:

Anyway will see how it goes on monday.

Wow, so actually cars are coming to HK! Congratulations to all!

Re type approval, here in Japan as long as the individual cars pass vehicle test (something like smoke test) they can be registered and ok to go. I think here, roadsters and Model S test drive cars came into that way. However they need to go to TD for inspection one by one.
It seems Tesla forgot to get type approval here, exactly like in HK. They should have hired one experienced person to execute all those legal and paperwork stuff. In Japan to get type approval, no actual cars are necessary - just papers. They apparently didn't do it.

Hope the whole process smooth out in HK soon!