Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nice tweak to Dogmode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just updated to 2021.24.3 and I noticed a change to the Dogmode display. It no longer says "My owner will be back..." it now says "My driver...". I tweeted this to Elon last year as a suggestion. Not taking credit but I am happy with the change. My dog is very sensitive about the whole "owner" thing.
IMG_0180.jpg

"My human will be back soon" would also have been acceptable but, either way, your dog doesn't have to suffer the indignancy if being someone else's property when left alone in the car any longer! Huzzah! 😁

That said, it was even worse before "camp mode" was a thing and "dog mode" was all we had to leave the HVAC on for extended periods while I ran in somewhere and left my wife alone in the car. "Driver" is probably the better option than "Master". lulz 😅

There was another change that nobody has mentioned - previously dog mode would set the screen brightness to 100% to ensure people outside the car could see the screen and know the dog was safe.
Now, the screen stays the brightness it was... and people are having trouble seeing the screen. I've had several people ask me if my dog is OK.

• Informative
Reactions: KerryOH and BitJam
There was another change that nobody has mentioned - previously dog mode would set the screen brightness to 100% to ensure people outside the car could see the screen and know the dog was safe.
Now, the screen stays the brightness it was... and people are having trouble seeing the screen. I've had several people ask me if my dog is OK.
My response would be: "OK? He knows how to operate this car better than me! He pranks me all the time with the climate control and goofy messages on the display!"

There aren't many changes that are done for fun in software. I also doubt that could be a regression. I suspect the brightness change was requested by someone and was done as an enhancement request. Going back to the state before would break that enhancement. Adding Yet Another Option creates a busy, frightening UI. Nothing's easy it seems :)

Just updated to 2021.24.3 and I noticed a change to the Dogmode display. It no longer says "My owner will be back..." it now says "My driver...". I tweeted this to Elon last year as a suggestion. Not taking credit but I am happy with the change. My dog is very sensitive about the whole "owner" thing.
View attachment 698122
My cat is pissed about the dog thing. Fix that next!

• Love
Reactions: KerryOH