Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mirrors position problem after the latest updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After the latest updates, if I use Easy Entry mode, the driver-side mirror (left side) will orient down. After selecting my profile, the mirror remains in that downward position and does not return to the pre-selected position. I have to readjust it repeatedly. I noticed this after the holliday update; could it be a software issue since the last update, or might it be a hardware problem requiring inspection in service?
Even if I am not using the Easy Entry mode, I still have to adjust the mirrors when I switch the profiles.

I also have been have problems with mirrors. When I reverse into my uphill carport my Mirrors fold? Also unrelated, how do you select priority driver; since if I have my partner as a another driver she is always default selected therefore I deleted her profile, since she has her own MY.

I also have been have problems with mirrors. When I reverse into my uphill carport my Mirrors fold? Also unrelated, how do you select priority driver; since if I have my partner as a another driver she is always default selected therefore I deleted her profile, since she has her own MY.
When put into reverse, the mirrors are designed to rotate down to help see the ground near the car.

Reactions: gillfoto
There is a setting for that. Just turn it off. Mine is on and I get a message; Mirrors Folding due to Proximity as I turn into my driveway.

What software version are you guys talking about?

Also unrelated, how do you select priority driver; since if I have my partner as a another driver she is always default selected therefore I deleted her profile, since she has her own MY.
There are two places to associate a phone key with a specific profile: in Bluetooth settings when your phone is connected, and Controls > Locks. However, even when you do that correctly the car will frequently select the wrong profile (in my experience).

Might be related - my passenger side mirror did not move back up after shifting from Reverse to Drive. Driver's side worked fine. Just the one time. 2023.44.30.6

Readjusted and saved manually. Would be interesting if it recurs to try selecting your profile again.

There is a setting for that. Just turn it off. Mine is on and I get a message; Mirrors Folding due to Proximity as I turn into my driveway.

What software version are you guys talking about?
My23 is using 2023.44.30.8 06f, and the Mirrors actually fold as I reverse into carport, I've got Tesla Support looking at it, although with this extreme Winter weather I've "battened down the hatches" not going out until it warms up another 10 degrees.

Might be related - my passenger side mirror did not move back up after shifting from Reverse to Drive. Driver's side worked fine. Just the one time. 2023.44.30.6

Readjusted and saved manually. Would be interesting if it recurs to try selecting your profile again.
It's the folding mechanism, not tilting - thanks though!

I'd been having an issue where on entering reverse, the mirror wouldn't tilt downwards like I'd configured in the drivers profile. I thought it was due to be having it pointing as far away from the car as possible - so I raised it as a service request in the app. I had a phone call from Tesla this afternoon saying that there was a glitch in one of the recent updates, and that the update my car received 'a few days ago' should have patched it. Seems ok now but they said to keep an eye on it. Was quite nice getting to speak with a real human on the phone rather than just messaging in the app!

Reactions: Michael Ross
Hi! Thanks for posting on this thread.
Did this update solved your problem? You received this update 2023.44.30.8 or a special one for you only?
I have installed the latest update but the problem is still persisting…
I have restarted the system after every update and I also removed the usb memory stick (after I read a few older threads regarding mirror problems) but still nothing…

Yeah, I'm on 2023.44.30.8 and it's been ok since. They had said on the call that I had received an update 'a few days ago' but I didn't remember installing one. Either way, I'm keeping an eye on the issue and they've said to raise another ticket if I notice any further issues.

Out of interest, which car do you have that has the issue? Mine is a 2022 Model Y LR.

Yeah, I'm on 2023.44.30.8 and it's been ok since. They had said on the call that I had received an update 'a few days ago' but I didn't remember installing one. Either way, I'm keeping an eye on the issue and they've said to raise another ticket if I notice any further issues.

Out of interest, which car do you have that has the issue? Mine is a 2022 Model Y LR.
Hi!
I have M3 Highland LR
I don't know how to open a ticket without needing to make a physical appointment at the service center. I had opened a ticket in the app to go to the service center, but it closed automatically because I hadn't scheduled a date, even though I couldn't select a date. The app instructed me to wait, which seems very strange. What should I do?

I had the same happening with my Highland twice.

I have the tilt function turned off due to freezing conditions.

I can reverse and park and the mirror will be normal, then leave the car and come back a few hours later and find the driver side mirror to be tilted all the way down and I it takes time to react to any adjustments that I make.

I have firmware 2023.44.30.8

I can reverse and park and the mirror will be normal, then leave the car and come back a few hours later and find the driver side mirror to be tilted all the way down and I it takes time to react to any adjustments that I make.

Exactly!!! I also turned off the tilt function but sometimes I find this mirror all the way down.

I'm having the same problem on 2023.44.30.8. Easy Entry profile is moving the mirror down and it stays that way when a user profile is selected. I was able to modify each profile and save the change after a soft reboot. But I'm unable to modify Easy Entry profile and save it.

There are two places to associate a phone key with a specific profile: in Bluetooth settings when your phone is connected, and Controls > Locks. However, even when you do that correctly the car will frequently select the wrong profile (in my experience).

The UI is unclear:
* [Key -> profile] Each key (phone, card, FOB) can select a driver profile. Offhand I forgot if this setting is in Locks or Profiles.
* [Profile - > Bluetooth] Each profile can select a preferred Bluetooth device to use for streaming audio, phone calls, text messages, contacts, and calendar.

* If your phone key is not set to select your driver profile, then the car won't do what you want. Occasionally a setting gets lost, esp. in a software update, so check it.
* If the car detects two phone keys approaching, it used to go with the first one to connect and thus get it wrong half the time.
This seems pretty much fixed now. I bet they improved the design, e.g. go with the phone key that's nearest the driver's door when that door opens, and/or when multiple keys connect, stick with the last used profile.

I have noticed that mine sometimes adjusts the driver side mirror down to the ground when the car unlocks. I can hear the mirror start to move as soon as I push the door handle in unlocking the car. The same sometimes happens if my wife pushes the passenger side door handle before me.

I have tried to use the calibration option for mirrors, seat and steering wheel, but no help there.

I don't have easy entry or the option to adjust the mirrors down when in reverse enabled.

There is only one profile in the car and only my phone is connected to the car.

I am on version 2023.44.30.9, 2024 Model 3 Highland LR