Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easy entry profile issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So car is 2 months old. I setup my profile and easy entry. I have had issues with the ateering wheel not lowering.

I used the app for software service. I was told it was a hardware issue. They made an appointment for Seattle. Which in turn kept telling me they didn’t understand what I was saying. Telling me that I’m asking for help saving my profile. They told me easy entry is for exiting and not for entry. Several days of back and forth.

I call in and stated my succinct issue which needs no clarification what so ever. …

After entering the car, the seat reclines and adjusts to memory but the steering wheel neither lowers or extends.

That’s not the queen English , Canadian or Australian. That’s perfectly clear US English !

I then have to do testing myself as they do not want to service the car under warranty. I found out that if I depress the brake first before the seatbelt the steering wheel fails to lower. I explain that and again that don’t understand one aulllable I write and paste instructions on how to save a profile.

I’m about to return my car under the lemon law at this point as I also have intermittent road noise that reverberates in to the drivers door ( I know don’t use big words) and the wipers turn on in dry weather and never turn fast in heavy rain which support had previously told me wipers are beta goodby. They only thing beta is FSD (lying beach).

So O call it on and as for assistance. I explain if there is a certain way to enter the car please let me know as I did not read it so. The reply from the manual was after depressing the brake and inserting the seat belt the easy entry memory would engage (sorry not exact words). He said there you go. It clearly states you can not press the brake before the seatbelt . No it doesn’t. It does not say to depress it after nor does it say not to depress beforehand.

Am I the only lifelong manual driver with this issue? Brake, clutch, gear, start.

Delete all your profile including easy entry, hard reboot the car, then add profile again without easy entry. Exit and enter the car several times, then setup easy entry.

My easy entry works when I press the brake. So the easy entry seat and steering position doesn't change into driving position until I press the brake. And from driving positron to easy entry changes when I release the seat belt.

Found the issue myself;
The brake pedal can “not” be depressed at the same time that you buckle in your seat belt.

So you can
1. depress the brake before the seatbelt and it should restore the seat and wheel from memory.
2. Buckle the seatbelt in then afterwards depress the brake pedal.

If the brake pedal is depressed “while” you buckle the seatbelt, the seat memory still works but the steering wheel memory fails.

The manual does not give that warning, nor state only depress the brake after the seatbelt.

Reactions: shahryaran
Found the issue myself;
The brake pedal can “not” be depressed at the same time that you buckle in your seat belt.

So you can
1. depress the brake before the seatbelt and it should restore the seat and wheel from memory.
2. Buckle the seatbelt in then afterwards depress the brake pedal.

If the brake pedal is depressed “while” you buckle the seatbelt, the seat memory still works but the steering wheel memory fails.

The manual does not give that warning, nor state only depress the brake after the seatbelt.
Interesting

Not to hijack but since it's related: When I enter with easy entry the seat comes forward and when I put in D it gets back to my actual position. Yoke is not moving. So there's no need for me to use Easy Entry since I drive from far?

Easy entry actually has both entry end exit settings. Not just exit like service center said or it would be called easy exit.

After park and seat belt is off, it goes to the exit position. I prefer my seat forward and the wheel all the way up. You can adjust before exiting.

Not upon entry but after the car is in D and you depress the brake although you seat belt is supposed to be on, it then adjusts to saved driving position. You can adjust that and tap to save.

• Helpful
Reactions: BitJam
Rewording:

Tap and release of brake pedal before dealt belt engagement with active driver memory position.

Tap and release of brake pedal after seat belt is buckled will engage seat memory driving position.

Note:
Depressing and holding the brake pedal while buckling the seat belt will cause the saved driver easy entry profile memory failure. The saved driving seat postion will work, but the steering wheel will not (retract and lower).

In short:
Do NOT depress “and” hold the brake … before and during a strapping in and buckling your seat belt.