Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify gapless playback broken in latest update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated to 2024.14.6 last night. Car is a 2021 M3P with Intel Atom.

Today noticed that Spotify no longer has gapless playback. There is a huge pause of several seconds between tracks.

Are other users ”seeing” (hearing) the same issue? This makes Spotify useless for me as I mostly listen to a State of Trance and the tracks are always mixed together seemlessly.

What would be the official way to get feedback to Tesla regarding this? There is no other way to fix it, Tesla needs to do the fix in a sw update.

I am currently using Spotify on my phone and playing it back via Bluetooth. Now I can no longer search for songs on the car UI but at least I have gapless.

• Informative
Reactions: DJ Palmis
Updated to 2024.14.6 last night. Car is a 2021 M3P with Intel Atom.

Today noticed that Spotify no longer has gapless playback. There is a huge pause of several seconds between tracks.

Are other users ”seeing” (hearing) the same issue? This makes Spotify useless for me as I mostly listen to a State of Trance and the tracks are always mixed together seemlessly.

What would be the official way to get feedback to Tesla regarding this? There is no other way to fix it, Tesla needs to do the fix in a sw update.

I am currently using Spotify on my phone and playing it back via Bluetooth spotify followers for free. Now I can no longer search for songs on the car UI but at least I have gapless.
For the past few weeks, the Spotify UI on my 2018 XC60 has been unusable...I'm still able to push music to the vehicle via the app on my phone, but a message displays on the dashboard about "update available in the Download Center", and I cannot access any of the controls. Only problem...no update in the Download Center I tried VOC this morning for the heck of it and was told "what we're advising people is to visit their dealer, as your vehicle software is likely out of date"...when I explained that I was just there a month ago specifically for software updates (yeah, I'm weird, I take it in once a year just for this), she just repeated the line...worthless. Is anyone else seeing this issue? I think it's more likely that my vehicle just isn't grabbing the Spotify update from the server...is there a way to force a refresh/new check?

Also the audio playback in low-connectivity areas has got a lot worse. Previously, it used to always buffer the next track so it could start playing even with no signal. Now it doesn't, so once you're finished the current track, the next one fails to load (connectivity error).

This update is really bad.