Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are telling you the truth that's it's a software issue but I don't think they are being forthright about the update that fixes it. They have told that same thing to several of us in writing and have reversed positions lately to say essentially "live with it". We think they just want us to go away. I can't speak to the 100 kWh upgrade statements they made to you but it does seem inconsistent with what Tesla is telling others. Service Center techs aren't generally in the loop about what's going on in corporate which is a shame since they are put out there as the face to the customer.
I agree that this issue has some miles on it... and people are getting told different things. Which certainly can lead to this ending up with the same result as with others. But since this iteration is happening now, and is ongoing... and for me the first time Tesla agreed something isn't right... I am hoping this time will be different. I so love the car. If this can be taken care of, I would feel I got what I paid for, and be very happy.
I hope the assistant manager that told me that (later) I will be able to upgrade to 100kw is correct. I know what you mean that the service people are not always on the same page.

I agree that this issue has some miles on it... and people are getting told different things. Which certainly can lead to this ending up with the same result as with others. But since this iteration is happening now, and is ongoing... and for me the first time Tesla agreed something isn't right... I am hoping this time will be different. I so love the car. If this can be taken care of, I would feel I got what I paid for, and be very happy.
I hope the assistant manager that told me that (later) I will be able to upgrade to 100kw is correct. I know what you mean that the service people are not always on the same page.
Keep loving the car. Even if you never get those miles back on the display I don't think you actually lost them.

Reactions: Walta
I'm kind of bummed by this because I just got my P90DL refresh in June and got my name in the queue on day one for the P100D upgrade for 20K and I was hoping for some more daylight between them for both the 0-60 and 1/4 mile considering that the P90DL does 2.65/10.8 and a 20K+ upgrade gets you down to 2.54/10.7. The range bump is nice I guess, even though I have never come close to running out of charge to this point. I guess I was hoping that Tesla was bumping them up similar to how they currently claim 2.8 0-60 when it clearly does it quicker. If DT tested it and got say 2.42 with 10.55 1/4 mile I could see it, but not so sure now. But I'll probably get it anyways :p

Found out how much double bonding wires helped sag in the p100d pack, then created a new later part no. for p90d with double bonding wires?

Can you direct me to the place where I can find more info on "double bonding" wires? Is this a design feature somebody observed? Or hypothesized based on some circumstantial evidence? Are detailed discussions or perhaps pictures available somewhere on the TMC?

Thanks.

Can you direct me to the place where I can find more info on "double bonding" wires? Is this a design feature somebody observed? Or hypothesized based on some circumstantial evidence? Are detailed discussions or perhaps pictures available somewhere on the TMC?

Thanks.
Maybe @Ingineer can give a little more information. He was the original source in the post below.

New P100DL makes xxx HP at the battery!

• Informative
Reactions: vgrinshpun
Tesla Model S P100D first performance tests: 567 kW – 760 HP, 0-60 in 2.5s and 1/4 mile in 10.7s

Just yesterday I was reporting to brace yourselves for Tesla Model S P100D videos as the car has been seen awaiting delivery at some Tesla stores. Well, it didn’t even take a day. The first video of Model S P100D first performance tests is out courtesy of DragTimes. A family down in Palm Beach Florida took delivery of one of the first P100D’s in the world, their fifth Tesla, and invited Brooks from DragTimes, a Youtube channel now best known for its Tesla videos, to test the vehicle with his VBox.

He took power reading of 567 kW – 760 HP on the vehicle. Significantly more than the latest Model S P90D with Ludicrous, which we reported had power outputs of just over 500 kW. The car accelerated from 0 to 60 mph in 2.5 seconds and 0-100 in 6.5 seconds on its first run – confirming Tesla’s own performance numbers and its claim to the ‘Quickest Production Car in the World’ title. Here’s the video of the run:

Most impressively, the car travelled the quarter-mile in 10.78 seconds – beating the latest 10.8 seconds record.

Status
Not open for further replies.