Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(a) Didn't Tesla state that if you were planning on upgrading to L and you had P85D it would be best to wait to upgrade the battery later, cause the battery technology would be better? (b) Though now you can't ? (c) If you did go to 90 could you now go to 100?
(a) Yes.
(b) Yes.
(c) I dunno. Has anyone on the forum reported getting approval for P85D -> P90DL -> P100DL? I don't know anybody personally that did the range upgrade with the L upgrade for a P85D. Elon told us not to. so we didn't. Now we look stupid. Poor way to treat customers. But here we are.

(a) Yes.
(b) Yes.
(c) I dunno. Has anyone on the forum reported getting approval for P85D -> P90DL -> P100DL? I don't know anybody personally that did the range upgrade with the L upgrade for a P85D. Elon told us not to. so we didn't. Now we look stupid. Poor way to treat customers. But here we are.
Yeah, Elon's words are many times obscured by the facts but we love our cars nevertheless.

Reactions: NSX1992
(a) Yes.
(b) Yes.
Only the refreshed cars after that April date can use the 100kwh battery. The Tesla documentation says just that. Now as for the why, I don't exactly know. It could be cooling, it could be cabling.

P100D:
1600 x 100 / 90 = 1777, so maybe they'll push it to 1800.
Looks like the higher capacity batteries more or less maintain the same voltage but at higher current,maybe a little more.
Lets call it 315 volts at 1800 amps, so 567 Kw or 760 hp. Hmm, that's pretty close to the combined hp of the two motors, before conversion losses. Do they quote power at the output shaft?

Reactions: J1mbo and Model 3
Status
Not open for further replies.