Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 Performance news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sounds like it's going to be a banger.
I wonder if this is related to the “ludicrous” version that’s been speculated for the US market?
AI generated article. Dumb as fuccck. Like most AIs. Dumbing it down to suit dumb people majority nowadays
I agree. While id love to see a performance version of the Model 3 refresh, not that i would buy it, that article is pretty poorly written full of supposition and "the new one should be better than the old one" with no real sources.
Apparently the original version had names in it, but has been removed. More like click bait now (and its working)..

Id be waiting for official news from Tesla, and even then dont hold breath until you see it.

These kinds of articles make people think "Ohh i wont buy the current one, ill wait for the new one" Problem is, it doesnt exist yet.
Watch this space when they run another article soon about how many Tesla orders have been cancelled, EVs are bad, etc etc etc.. with no reference to this article.

I remember when the ZB holden was released, rebadged OPEL Insignia (was holdens roots anyway). These guys absolutely tore it to shreds, evoking emotions from the "Dont buy it, its not Aussie Built, Doesnt come with a V8" etc without even driving one.
When they did drive it they flip flopped, but it was too late, public sentiment was swayed, sales had plummeted and now Holden is gone.
All the sales people jobs, service techs, engineering etc.
Whats left after that clickbait? While its not their fault directly, what Aussie Built V8 are they advocating people to buy? There isnt one.
Shame is, they are an awesome car. My source is me, ive owned many Holden Commodores and currently drive a ZB Calais and its the best one out of all of them.

The value is no longer in reporting factual information, its in clicks.

Found in the source code for the UK site:

“Welcome to the Most Powerful Model 3 Ever

”All-New Adaptive SuspensionAdaptive damping powered by in-house software gives you enhanced body control, without sacrificing daily usability or comfort.

Forged Performance wheelsLightweight, staggered wheels provide sharper turn-in response, improved predictability, increased traction out of corners and optimised aerodynamics.

Performance Interior All-new seat design with enhanced side and cushion bolsters hold you in place, while ventilation keeps you cool. The lightweight carbon fibre décor and refined weave pattern is unique to Model 3 Performance.

Track Mode V3 Features all-new calibration for the powertrain and adaptive suspension to give you more authority behind the wheel, you can customise handling balance, stability controls and regenerative braking to set the car up how you like it.

The latest generation driving mode integrates adaptive suspension controls with a performance-optimised powertrain to deliver more response and fun behind the wheel.

Bespoke chassis and suspension hardware is tuned to provide intuitive, razor-sharp response to driver inputs.

We pretty much already knew these details, including the adaptive suspension and the sports seats. What actual grinds my gears here is that rather than praising Tesla for adding sports seats and adaptive suspension, it should be met with an about bloody time. Its been the standard on Euro brands for a decade, the seats since forever.

And I still see grey headliner.... seriously, even in the sports model. I am actually chucking praise at Hyundai for the Ioniq 5N to actually create a vehicle with emotion.... and indicator stalks.

I bet you can't adjust to Regen braking without fiddling in the screen.

I really want to push the order button, but we are about to build a new house and I need to sort the pricing and finance for that first :(.

I paid ~$106K for my M3P, ordered in Oct 2019. The stealth grey with black interior is $87,460 drive away in QLD. This is fantastic value given the improvements and inflation we have had.

The one thing I want more than anything is the ventilated seats.

This Model 3 performance is what it should have been from the start, Performance Seats, some subtle styling differences from the RWD/LR, adaptive suspension, carbon interior strip.

Just because I am always on the pessimist side, and want companies to do better.

- The rear seats have not been styled to suit the front seats.
- Looks like the front seats are missing the Alcantara bolsters from the new Model S seats, and full Alcantara would have been even better.
- I really don't get the lacking of black headliner.
- Would have liked to see a coloured strip or something on the belts.

- Still like what Hyundai has tried to produce with the Ionic 5n, something that really attempts to attract the car enthusiast. People can laugh at the fake gear changes etc, but really, that's what evokes passion when driving a fast car, and you can switch it off completely. Even reviews from passionate motoring journos praise it.

However, I can forgive most of this simply for the very very sharp pricing of the Model 3P.