Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla financial Results

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla DEFINITELY needs some extraordinary news after this report. I really think this Model 3 Ludicrous will be a significant step up from the current Model 3 Performance.

Lambert seems to have an axe to grind with Tesla so you can sense his Schadenfreudian delight reading this. It's not new information for TSLA stock people who pay attention to TSLA twitter, especially Troy who tracks VINs. Back in late Feb/Mar, I anticipated backing the truck up today. It's a little Ford Ranger-sized truck but I'm still loading what I can. It was already stated by Tesla (Elon IIRC) that 2024-5 was going to be a lull in growth until the "model 2" and potentially Optimus ramps up. Releasing M3L info won't matter to stock price.

Lambert seems to have an axe to grind with Tesla so you can sense his Schadenfreudian delight reading this. It's not new information for TSLA stock people who pay attention to TSLA twitter, especially Troy who tracks VINs. Back in late Feb/Mar, I anticipated backing the truck up today. It's a little Ford Ranger-sized truck but I'm still loading what I can. It was already stated by Tesla (Elon IIRC) that 2024-5 was going to be a lull in growth until the "model 2" and potentially Optimus ramps up. Releasing M3L info won't matter to stock price.
Sounds like a lot of cope

I don't think Tesla is not growing. I know they delivered less than last quarter, but that doesn't mean they are not growing. It is the inflation with high interest rate that impact the consumers purchase power. Tesla is still delivering tons more EVs than any other so called "competitors" in the industry. It is all about politics and their "team" to drag Tesla down while boosting others for their political gain because the other guys pays way more to all the politicians than Tesla.

Reactions: cptnslo
I don't think Tesla is not growing. I know they delivered less than last quarter, but that doesn't mean they are not growing. It is the inflation with high interest rate that impact the consumers purchase power. Tesla is still delivering tons more EVs than any other so called "competitors" in the industry. It is all about politics and their "team" to drag Tesla down while boosting others for their political gain because the other guys pays way more to all the politicians than Tesla.

When a product becomes stale it won’t grow, there is no politics behind that.

What’s hurting Tesla is that their designs are becoming boring. No stalks doesn’t help bring in the regular non tech geek.

Competitors are also hurting, it’s true. Everyone is cooling down on EVs. But give it a couple of months when those gas prices go through the roof.

What’s hurting Tesla is that their designs are becoming boring. No stalks doesn’t help bring in the regular non tech geek.
You call Tesla cars boring? I say all the other legacy cars are extremely boring. same control, same platforms, same UI, same approach every time all the time is really boring.
People said the same thing when the EVs first came out and they said "regular non tech people" will never drive EVs, but here we are now that everyone from all different background drive EVs.

Last edited:

Competitors are also hurting, it’s true. Everyone is cooling down on EVs. But give it a couple of months when those gas prices go through the roof.
I drive 100 miles a day back and forth to work, My wife drives 60 miles a day 3 days a week, I drive 5 days a week. Last month I paid over 200 for gas for her car, my electric for the car was approx 96 dollars. There is a big difference already on gas. If I drove a gas car, my gas would be easily 400 a month. I do agree with part of what you are saying, the products are becoming boring and updating the 3 without the Y was just idiotic, no one is buying an old stale Y. Hence why deliveries are down 100K from last quarter. Tesla thinks by telling people that the Y isn't getting refreshed that will make them buy it, that is stupidity.

Reactions: MarkoP
You call Tesla cars boring? I say all the other legacy cars are extremely boring. same control, same platforms, same UI, same approach every time all the time is really boring.
People said the same thing when the EVs first came out and they said "regular non tech people" will never drive EVs, but here we are now that everyone from all different background drive EVs.

Yeah they are driving them and not trading in unlike the tech geeks who have to have the latest and greatest.

At some point Tesla was going to fall in line with the “legacies” and here we are.

They need to redesign those interiors not just take away stalks and add forum mods.

Tesla isn't growing. In fact, YoY they shrank. Revenue and Net Income will all be down in Q1 compared to 2023 Q1. The concern is if this is a new trend and continues to repeat itself the rest of the year.

Everyone I know has all time high BP with markets way up.
Blood pressure? Might want to get it checked out.

It's not so much that its designs are boring/stale, imo. Tesla opted to not do model years or complete redesigns. Almost every other vehicle gets a complete makeover every 4-6 years. Tesla did a minor facelift of the Model S but to the average consumer, it's basically the same car as it was 11 years ago. The Model 3 is ~6-7 years old and has gotten a "refresh" not an overhaul. The Model Y is now 4 years old with only a refresh rumored for later this year / early next year.

The lineup is stale, imo, but mostly because not a ton has changed with the lineup. Yeah, yeah, OTA updates and all that. Most car buyers don't care / won't even notice.

I'm not an auto expert so I could be wrong.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
1000075195.jpg

Shorts printing today.