Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 Performance news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn’t mind the regen setup in my A3-etron.

The car would coast when you took your foot off the accelerator pedal.

When you put your foot on the brake it would apply regen up to (I think) about 75kW and after that the friction brakes would engage to give the deceleration you wanted above max regen.

Coasting saves the round trip energy losses to and from the battery. You can coast with a Tesla, but keeping the accelerator just right is something I find a bit awkward.

I suppose the trade-off is losing one pedal driving, which I quite like.

I didn’t mind the regen setup in my A3-etron.

The car would coast when you took your foot off the accelerator pedal.

When you put your foot on the brake it would apply regen up to (I think) about 75kW and after that the friction brakes would engage to give the deceleration you wanted above max regen.

Coasting saves the round trip energy losses to and from the battery. You can coast with a Tesla, but keeping the accelerator just right is something I find a bit awkward.

I suppose the trade-off is losing one pedal driving, which I quite like.

Totally agree with you, if people like one pedal driving, that's awesome. But its not the be all and end all. As I have said in my previous post, I think its simply a matter of engineering blended brakes to work well with good pedal feel is very difficult. Coasting does feel nice in the right circumstances.

Last edited:
Should have posted here:

Model 3 Performance (2024)
So decided to go red this time, sticking with white seats, may change my mind on seat colour.

On another note
I have a 2020 Model 3 Perfromance (blue with white seats) with 36,000km's on it in perfect condition...seats look like new including drivers seat, never thrashed, paint has had PPF from new....basically looks like new.

New Model 3P.pngCurrent Model 3P.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Hairyman and dronus
I had to take the kids to a new sporting venue today and the speed bumps in the car park made my car bottom out on a couple of them. That got me thinking about the new M3P being lowered a further 1 cm and the parking issues (the gutter edge or the parking blocks), steep driveways, speed bumps, etc. I barely clear the parking blocks as it is.

Did anyone lower their M3P? How has it been with respect to the above issues?

I had to take the kids to a new sporting venue today and the speed bumps in the car park made my car bottom out on a couple of them. That got me thinking about the new M3P being lowered a further 1 cm and the parking issues (the gutter edge or the parking blocks), steep driveways, speed bumps, etc. I barely clear the parking blocks as it is.

Yeah, I had mine 2018 lowered a bit. Originally it wouldn't clear my driveway so I had them raise it back a bit. Now the back mudflaps scrape on my driveway but at least the battery doesn't.

Based on measurement today, the 2024 is at least 1.5 cm higher than my lowered 2018 so I should be good on the driveway.

With my lowered 2018, most speedbumps I'm ok though some I need to take at an angle. Some "steep" driveway entrances in shopping malls I simply never go in.

I have my current blue 3 performance on adjustable coil over springs which are sitting about 1.5cm's lower than stock performance...I've had no issues. I first had the car down to 10.5cm ground clearance...that was a worry all the time so I raised it and now it's in my opinion perfect.

• Informative
Reactions: louco73
Totally agree with you, if people like one pedal driving, that's awesome. But its not the be all and end all. As I have said in my previous post, I think its simply a matter of engineering blended brakes to work well with good pedal feel is very difficult. Coasting does feel nice in the right circumstances.
Hmmm! I LOVE regen braking and one pedal driving. Our MYLR is 10 months old and there isn't a skerrik of brake dust on any of the wheels. Our old Benz had silver mag wheels and after a couple of weeks driving they were black on the inside and just dirty on the outside.