Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New LR Model Y (Dec ‘23) - losing tire pressure every couple days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
l see your concern of mechanics just lifting cars without pucks, I keep a set of pucks (from amazon) in the storage bin and give to the tires guys to use when neede. Most of larger places like Discount Tires know this and have them on hand.

Oddly I do have Amazon pucks but when I showed it to a perplexed tech who was about to drive my car away to their working area (not visible to customer) - he indicated they have padded lifts (?!) - and I couldn’t argue with him more. Just wary of taking 20 day old car to them - but hoping they’ve now dealt with many Teslas to know better and reply confidently to customer. Small things but I really can’t rely on techs who I don’t even get to see to do it 100% right.
As it is, with impeding Nor’easter, they told me they can’t look at it till mid next week so likely gets held up till next weekend. Thinking of trying Town Fare Tire walk-in around when they open with pucks on hand :)

Oddly I do have Amazon pucks but when I showed it to a perplexed tech who was about to drive my car away to their working area (not visible to customer) - he indicated they have padded lifts (?!) - and I couldn’t argue with him more. Just wary of taking 20 day old car to them - but hoping they’ve now dealt with many Teslas to know better and reply confidently to customer. Small things but I really can’t rely on techs who I don’t even get to see to do it 100% right.
As it is, with impeding Nor’easter, they told me they can’t look at it till mid next week so likely gets held up till next weekend. Thinking of trying Town Fare Tire walk-in around when they open with pucks on hand :)
If they have a 'padded' lift, it should be OK. When the mobile service came to do the brake service, he had a sheet of silicone rubber glued to the top of a floor jack, probably 5mm thick and worked fine. As long as there is no metal to metal contact from the jack to car at the right positions, it should be OK.

Adding for benefit of anyone in similar position. I did get this fixed (drove last couple weeks and tire pressure very very consistent now in cold or hot states - quite I had expected). They did say they had small fix (interpreted that to mean to a leak may be) - the guys at this tire shop seem busier than govt officials to discuss fully. I also got alignment done (and paper report shows some “red” indicators like cause Tesla has it that way for new cars being driven off). Hoping “fixed” alignment and tires will make it last longer. Thanks all for your kind inputs.

Have a new LR Model Y (Dec ‘23). It’s got close to 1k miles. Have been noticing I need to add pressure to one of the tires (goes down to 39ish PSI after I fill it up to 44-45 hot). This is with in town drive (<50 miles for daily work drive). I have to inflate it every other day. This is with passenger front tire.

What could be the potential cause? And recommend action. Should I get Tesla service to look at it ? Or local tire shop be better?

Thank You!
If you live
Have a new LR Model Y (Dec ‘23). It’s got close to 1k miles. Have been noticing I need to add pressure to one of the tires (goes down to 39ish PSI after I fill it up to 44-45 hot). This is with in town drive (<50 miles for daily work drive). I have to inflate it every other day. This is with passenger front tire.

What could be the potential cause? And recommend action. Should I get Tesla service to look at it ? Or local tire shop be better?

Thank You!
Winters are harsh especially with tire pressure. Try to fill 43PSI (fill nitrogen one from Costco for free) and see if you see drops. If it still drops to 39 in a day or two then your valve has some issue. Best bet is to raise a concern with Tesla