Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS reports "tire pressure higher than recommended value" at 45 PSI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is very strange

I had them before at even 49 PSI on a hot summer day but now they report high pressure at even 44/45 PSI

Any idea why they would say that the pressure is too high ?

Sorry my car is in Dutch and could change it to English while driving, It says :

tire pressure higher than recommended value
check tire pressure

This is on my 2022 MYP Berlin made

IMG_1786.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe jcanoe will chime in, as he keeps his MYLR tires at 44-45psi, and they must go higher when hot.
I have not observed a message from the TPMS that the pressure was too high. The TPMS readout has been as high as 47 PSI when driving on the highway in summer. The maximum pressure is always molded into the sidewall. For the OE Continental Procontact RX this is 51 PSI. There is a large margin of safety built in, before the tire may fail due to excessive pressure.

Per Car Talk - "The burst pressure of an automobile tire is around 200 PSI."

Most consumer air compressors max out at 150 PSI.

Me - There was that time, way back, when I thought it would be a good idea to overinflate the rear tire of my Schwinn Stingray to more than 90 PSI. It turned out to not be a good idea.

Car Talk

These days I am setting the cold tire pressure to 42.5 PSI to try an maximize wet road traction of the OE Continental Procontact RX tires (@16.5k miles.) I plan to run the OE tires for another year.

Last edited:
I have not observed a message from the TPMS that the pressure was too high. The TPMS readout has been as high as 47 PSI when driving on the highway in summer. The maximum pressure is always molded into the sidewall. For the OE Continental Procontact RX this is 51 PSI. There is a large margin of safety built in, before the tire may fail due to excessive pressure.

Per Car Talk - "The burst pressure of an automobile tire is around 200 PSI."

Most consumer air compressors max out at 150 PSI.

Me - There was that time, way back, when I thought it would be a good idea to overinflate the rear tire of my Schwinn Stingray to more than 90 PSI. It turned out to not be a good idea.

Car Talk

These days I am setting the cold tire pressure to 42.5 PSI to try an maximize wet road traction of the OE Continental Procontact RX tires (@16.5k miles.) I plan to run the OE tires for another year.
Yeah, I have seen 45 on mine during summer highway drives as well. I keep them at 42 psi cold. So seems like some new message, perhaps, or an error. I do know from personal experience that the car will not register higher than 60 psi in the car, and will generate the classic yellow tire pressure warning if your tires are that high....

Reactions: nimbuzz
I might know what it is.

Just remember that the Bluetooth TPMS sensors in these wheels are from Aliexpress but look identical to the oem only the Tesla logo is not printed on them

Maybe I'm mistaking, or for sure I was mistaken to be the original once but then printed without the logo to not have a fight with Tesla

PFFFF...

Drove it today again and no problem on my short route of about 32 km (20 miles)

What I do see is that sometimes it takes up to 4 minutes for a sensor to report again the pressure

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-10-27 om 17.26.03.png

link to the aliexpress listing

Is it doing a temperature based adjustment perhaps? I'm going to guess the OP is currently at low ambient temperatures outside given the heat usage, which is different than those that have seen higher air pressures during hot summers.

It is for 99% certain that these sensors are to blame and cause this problem.
I now have 1 that is stuck at 40 psi and the other 3 are already turning red at 44 psi.
Past by the service center and they think the fake sensors are bad as well.
They also never saw the red high pressure warning before

Opened a case with Aliexpress to refund me my money and just ordered new oem once.
IMG_1811.jpeg

Last edited: