Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TPMS reports "tire pressure higher than recommended value" at 45 PSI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
they look exactly like the oem tesla’s so I thought they might be the same but with only missing the tesla logo…. But sadly not. So will wait now dor the oem’s to come in and then get them swapped out
Each sensor was $5.50 - no way they're the same. Get a set of OEM new/takeoffs on eBay for $150. You can get great OEM sensors there without paying Tesla $95/ea - that's robbery.

Each sensor was $5.50 - no way they're the same. Get a set of OEM new/takeoffs on eBay for $150. You can get great OEM sensors there without paying Tesla $95/ea - that's robbery.
Folks , I had run my tire pressures at 50 psi for years , both in a Model S and now my Model Y . Never had to over pressure alert until a few updates back . It was a software update to your cars . Now I am having to keep the pressures at around 42 psi . Jim

Folks , I had run my tire pressures at 50 psi for years , both in a Model S and now my Model Y . Never had to over pressure alert until a few updates back . It was a software update to your cars . Now I am having to keep the pressures at around 42 psi . Jim
Thanks for the insight. The temperature has been unseasonably warm here that may have driven my tire pressures higher and for longer durations. The warning might have a trajectory or deadband associated with it as it was not consistent to a specific pressure, but certainly repeatable between 44 and 46psi.

Attachments

• 20231218_154323.jpg
    20231218_154323.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20231218_154536.jpg
    20231218_154536.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 12