Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Count me among those displeased with the changes.

Specifically, search is even worse than before. I searched the term "new forum" and search brought up a dozen unrelated threads, before this one showed up way down the list. None of those thread titles included the words "forum" or "new".

Why is there no "cancel" in the "post reply" window? I clicked on the wrong post to reply to and could find no way to cancel and go back to the thread.

Reactions: bollar
How does one go about replying in a conversation when mobile??? I'm probably just being stupid but for the life if me I can't figure it out.

Question number two: once I found a page that summed up how many likes/dislikes/helpful etc. tags my posts had received in total, but now I can't seem to find it...

Another quick plug here, but if you don't like the sparse information density on the site, you can take a look at applying your own style sheet overrides on top of TMC to make it more human-readable for you.

Here are screen shots comparing the overrides that I've combined with several others in the thread vs. a stock browser view of TMC:
Forum stylesheets

Prior to the new forum design, I used to visit this site several times a day using my smartphone. The new format has lots of blank wasted space even on my large Note 5 screen. With the previous format I can see entire field, but now I have to do more scrolling to get to the topic. I'm a creature of habit and I'm finding myself visiting this forum less & less lately with this new format. Perhaps the forum administrator can let us know of the before and after stat traffic. But I'm one who does not like this format.

Is there a way that I can mark a post to revisit later? The use case is that I want to reply to a post in one of the threads in my "watched threads" list, but not right now. By time i come back to it later, the thread probably still won't have any unread messages in it (so it won't show up as having unread messages), and even if I remember the thread, I'd still need to find the message. Bookmarking the page in my browser comes close, but doesn't quite do what I want.

(This is not an issue with the new forum software, vB didn't have a way to do this either AFAIK.)

There is a little button in the lower left corner of the forum that looks like two arrows moving apart from each other - that will expand it to full-width. Do it once, never look back. :)

Maybe the forum software should be set full width by default, since there seem to be so many complaints about this.

I can see ten pages of threads/posts under the tab "New Profile Posts" but none of them has anything to do with me. I have no messages on my profile.
You don't want to click "New Profile Posts".. those are everyone else's posts. Just go to your profile page (linked above), and look below. There's a header that says "Profile Posts". I just added a post to your profile.. you should see it there.

Is there a way that I can mark a post to revisit later? The use case is that I want to reply to a post in one of the threads in my "watched threads" list, but not right now. By time i come back to it later, the thread probably still won't have any unread messages in it (so it won't show up as having unread messages), and even if I remember the thread, I'd still need to find the message. Bookmarking the page in my browser comes close, but doesn't quite do what I want.

If it is a post that you would like to leave a rating on ("like", "helpful", "informative", etc.) if you leave a rating you could then easily find the post later by simply looking at your own recent activity, which is viewable in your profile.

Not a perfect solution, but perhaps it will help you a bit.