Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New AutoPark with USS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new vision-based autopark is really excellent... but not infallible. It sees those concrete pillars at the back of your parking space, and it generally avoids hitting them.

I say generally, because I now have a fingernail-sized impression on my rear bumper of the concrete post my M3LR tapped the other day. I thought it was going to stop, but not quite.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
FYI that is not the case. I am on a 2021 USS Model 3 and today it perpendicular auto parked into a spot with no cars around it on either side.

Per Tesla manual for perpendicular parking:
Only parallel parking require another car on USS:
  • There must be a vehicle in front of the space you want to park in.
  • A distinct curb or edge must be visible. Autopark may not correctly identify the parking space if the curb is not distinct, such as grass or dirt.
With the new park assist coming to USS cars, I double checked my older manual as I remembered different. Sure enough, back when I tried it in early 2021 when I had a FSD trial, it did require a car on both sides:
"Note: Autopark detects potential perpendicular parking spaces that are at least 9.5 feet (2.9 meters) wide with a vehicle parked on each side."
User manual Tesla Model 3 (2021) (English - 265 pages)
They must have changed it since then.

Huh? FSD is not run on the Intel or AMD CPU; they are only for the infotainment system. FSD runs on the HW3 and HW4 CPUs. (With HW4 currently running using HW3 emulation.) Both Intel and AMD cars have HW3. (I think HW4 is only in AMD based cars.)
My statement of platform was "Early Model 3 and Model Y"

And your point is why I question what does the infotainment processor have to do with AutoPark, it's the USS AFAIK.

My statement of platform was "Early Model 3 and Model Y"

Where is Elon saying that they are concentrating FSD development on "early Model 3 and Model Y"?

And your point is why I question what does the infotainment processor have to do with AutoPark, it's the USS AFAIK.
The Infotainment CPU doesn't have to do with Autopark, which is why even Model 3/Y vehicles with the Intel based Infotainment system are getting the new version of Autopark.

On 4/28/2024, Tesla Brings New Autopark and High Fidelity Park Assist to Vehicles with Ultrasonic Sensors. Tesla started rolling out Full Self-Driving (Supervised) V12.3.6, the latest version of its FSD software. This update includes the highly anticipated new Autopark and High Fidelity Park Assist feature for additional vehicles.

• Informative