Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New AutoPark with USS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It wasn't slow for me. If my test was in a parking lot full of cars, I surely would not want it to go any faster.

I can park the car, get out and be in the store long before Autopark even makes its first move.

I was woefully unimpressed. Found it nothing more than a parlor trick, but understand how it could help others. I’m just a speed parker I guess.

Reactions: zivac87
It matters because I am trying to make a determination on something. You said you have it with USS, and you clearly do not. If you don't have something constructive to add to a conversation then don't chime in.

Okay, since it has only appeared to you three times, then I'm pretty sure that you don't know how to use it.
I can get mine to show up reliably.

And you are not being skipped over. We are just in a different branch that will get the features eventually.

There have been multiple versions of AutoPark over the years. I'm pretty sure that the one that I have now is not the same one in the 2023 FSD 11 release, it's just not the one introduced for the Tesla Vision vehicles yet.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I have a '21 refresh S with USS. Does anyone know if there are ANY model cars with USS that have received the new AutoPark feature? Not just Models S/X.
I have been waiting for 3 years to have autopark work on my car correctly. It has shown up about 3 times in all of those years. (Yes I know how to use it and to drive slowly etc.)
To now be skipped over for the new AutoPark really sucks. They have had the vision high-definition view out for what.... 6 months?
To be skipped over for the tilt-screen and gaming capabilities (both advertised when I bought), and now this is just awful.
This doesn't breed brand loyalty.
I have the same situation, 2022 refreshed Mx with USS. But no Autopark yet. My friend have a 2023 model Y without uss, have auto park.
When I bought my car in 2022, I was so exited to see the tilting screen and rear screen gamings. Unfortunately not. And my car only comes with 8Gb ram. Those who want to play steam games, at least need 16Gb. All the refreshed models supposed to get 16Gb. Then I go to the service center and make a request for that, they replied your car mfg date is 2022 January, car made after march 2022 comes with 16Gb ram. So if I want to install 16Gb ram, I have to pay $2800. That’s crazy

I have a '21 refresh S with USS. Does anyone know if there are ANY model cars with USS that have received the new AutoPark feature? Not just Models S/X.
I have been waiting for 3 years to have autopark work on my car correctly. It has shown up about 3 times in all of those years. (Yes I know how to use it and to drive slowly etc.)
To now be skipped over for the new AutoPark really sucks. They have had the vision high-definition view out for what.... 6 months?
To be skipped over for the tilt-screen and gaming capabilities (both advertised when I bought), and now this is just awful.
Auto park now released only for no USS cars. But the version number is same. Check your release notes. If its not there, you don’t get it

I have the same situation, 2022 refreshed Mx with USS. But no Autopark yet. My friend have a 2023 model Y without uss, have auto park.
When I bought my car in 2022, I was so exited to see the tilting screen and rear screen gamings. Unfortunately not. And my car only comes with 8Gb ram. Those who want to play steam games, at least need 16Gb. All the refreshed models supposed to get 16Gb. Then I go to the service center and make a request for that, they replied your car mfg date is 2022 January, car made after march 2022 comes with 16Gb ram. So if I want to install 16Gb ram, I have to pay $2800. That’s crazy
Yep. In same boat. I have a 21 and it was advertised on the website when I ordered it had a tilt screen and you can play the games. I got one of the first ones. They still will not even offer a retrofit on the tilt screen if I paid. The new lights and tail lights were not advertised so I can live with that. But not the tilt screen. Still very bitter about that. And autopark never working right and now not knowing if we will even get the new one. Tesla sure does get away with a lot of stuff.

Reactions: vipin2007
Auto park now released only for no USS cars. But the version number is same. Check your release notes. If its not there, you don’t get it
My 2022 MSLR with USS running 2024.3.10 with free month of v12.3.3 FSD (Supervised) has autopark. See post #15.

Reactions: vipin2007
My 2022 MSLR with USS running 2024.3.10 with free month of v12.3.3 FSD (Supervised) has autopark. See post #15.
Once again, you DO NOT have the NEW autopark. You showed the car notes and it wasn't included in the notes which is proof, and the video you showed is the OLD autopark. The NEW autopark on Model S is controlled through the scroll wheel to pick a parking space. This is spreading misinformation. As of now, zero cars have reported having the new autopark with USS sensors. You are not the unicorn.

I too have been wondering about this. I have a '21 Plaid, I RARELY see the car offer to autopartk. When it does it's the old version. Obv, I have USS, Im hoping they offer the new autopark to USS cars eventually.
I have FSD and it would be nice to have it get to a destination and park.
Also, my wife has a 22 X w/ USS and I've now had her right rear wheel repaired 3 times for curb rash. (there is NO fixing her, I have tried), and her car never offers to parallel park, so it would be really nice if her car would offer so I dont have to keep getting her wheel repaired. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Funny
Reactions: SoCal Buzz
Th

Yup, you can see it in action just today. My car is a 2022 MSLR, USS, firmware 2024.3.10 with free v12.3.3 FSDs.

I drove slowly through an empty parking lot looking for a P to show. Once it did, the screen showed Autopark Available with a down arrow. I swiped down and a blue box with Press to Autopark shows along with the backup camera. Press it to park.

View attachment 1036239
View attachment 1036240
View attachment 1036241
View attachment 1036242
This is the old version of auto park. That I already have in my 2022 MX, with USS. The new one is completely different, you can select any empty parking spot with your scroll wheel

USS has Autopark already if you bought FSD or have the trial or subscription.

Autopark with USS works based on the sensors. That means to find a space, there must be cars on either side of the space. You also must drive SLOWLY past the space before it detects it. This is because it requires the USS pings to locate an empty spot. When I had the 3 month trial, it takes some practice to get it to show up consistently.

It obviously is completely different from Vision Autopark. That one is much better and easier to use as it's based on cameras.

Just like how USS didn't get the Vision Park Assist, I wouldn't hold my breath on them getting the Vision Autopark anytime soon.

FYI that is not the case. I am on a 2021 USS Model 3 and today it perpendicular auto parked into a spot with no cars around it on either side.

Per Tesla manual for perpendicular parking:
Only parallel parking require another car on USS:
  • There must be a vehicle in front of the space you want to park in.
  • A distinct curb or edge must be visible. Autopark may not correctly identify the parking space if the curb is not distinct, such as grass or dirt.

FYI that is not the case. I am on a 2021 USS Model 3 and today it perpendicular auto parked into a spot with no cars around it on either side.

Per Tesla manual for perpendicular parking:
Only parallel parking require another car on USS:
  • There must be a vehicle in front of the space you want to park in.
  • A distinct curb or edge must be visible. Autopark may not correctly identify the parking space if the curb is not distinct, such as grass or dirt.
Please read the thread above. That is the OLD autopark. If you think you have the NEW autopark, please provide a photo of the release notes on the screen of your car that show the attached photo. In addition, the NEW autopark allows you to choose multiple spots and they are chosen by using the scroll wheel.

1713536820611.png

Please read the thread above. That is the OLD autopark. If you think you have the NEW autopark, please provide a photo of the release notes on the screen of your car that show the attached photo. In addition, the NEW autopark allows you to choose multiple spots and they are chosen by using the scroll wheel.

View attachment 1039931

Yes, I know. I was replying to someone who said USS auto park cannot park unless there is another car there. That is not the case for perpendicular parking with USS auto park.