Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New AutoPark with USS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most people refer to the "new" Autopark as "Tap to Park", like in this video:

Of course, on the Model S/X you don't really tap. (At least not on the screen, you use the scroll wheel on the steering wheel/yoke.)

I do hope it comes to USS equipped vehicles with the 2024.14 "Spring Update".

Reactions: zivac87 and ExpatPR
Most people refer to the "new" Autopark as "Tap to Park", like in this video:

I do hope it comes to USS equipped vehicles with the 2024.14 "Spring Update".

Interesting, since "Tap to Park" is exactly the same thing that you have to do with the older version. The new one is more along the line of "Taps a specific spot to park"

The big issue with the new AutoPark is that it is currently in the 2024.8.X branch, which is deployed on a few cars. It's a big deal right now, because those are the cars that don't have FSD 12, they've got the old 11.

And with the current flurry of updates to FSD 12, we tend to know where the priorities are. It will get there.

The big issue with the new AutoPark is that it is currently in the 2024.8.X branch, which is deployed on a few cars. It's a big deal right now, because those are the cars that don't have FSD 12, they've got the old 11.

And with the current flurry of updates to FSD 12, we tend to know where the priorities are. It will get there.
Nope. The new Autopark/Tap-to-Park is in 2024.3.x with FSD v12. But you only see it if you have a vehicle without USS sensors.

It's confusing why my USS hardware prevents Vision (which I also gave) from working. Sounds more like another developer resource shortage issue instead
I don't think it is a hardware limitation, it is just that the USS code is better at some things, like providing a distance to the object. And they don't want to disable the USS sensors until the Vision solution performs as good. (Though from the looks of it the new Autopark performs better than what us USS owners have.)

Vision only Autopark for USS cars is a unicorn. This is from NotATeslaApp:
1000029534.jpg

1000029536.jpg

1000029532.jpg

Notice the "No USS".

I have the old one too. 2021 m3 LR. But love everyone I know, the self parking sucks on USS version. Everyone I know that have the newer Teslavision self parking loves it. But they don't have summons but I prefer self parking vs summons. Summon is a good parry trick but that's it
Someone mentioned that there was an option to disable USS, I don't know anything about it. But there are other things that come in the trade-off.

I have the old one too. 2021 m3 LR. But love everyone I know, the self parking sucks on USS version. Everyone I know that have the newer Teslavision self parking loves it. But they don't have summons but I prefer self parking vs summons. Summon is a good parry trick but that's it
I've used Autopark on my 2022 MSLR with USS several times. No problems, works just fine. However, I'm too chicken to try it in a crowded Walmart parking lot.

It looks like the new Autopark version comes to Model 3&Y vehicles with USS starting in version 2024.3.25. You get an option to enable the new high-fidelity park assist feature as well, if your 3/Y has the newer AMD MCU. (Seems like the vehicles with the Intel Atom based MCU are going to start losing out on a lot of new features.)

It looks like the new Autopark version comes to Model 3&Y vehicles with USS starting in version 2024.3.25. You get an option to enable the new high-fidelity park assist feature as well, if your 3/Y has the newer AMD MCU. (Seems like the vehicles with the Intel Atom based MCU are going to start losing out on a lot of new features.)
Well that kind of sucks for us Intel folks. Hopefully a lower graphics version may come eventually.

But Elon is still saying that it is the platform that they are focusing on. That's where FSD development is targeted.

But Elon is still saying that it is the platform that they are focusing on. That's where FSD development is targeted.
Huh? FSD is not run on the Intel or AMD CPU; they are only for the infotainment system. FSD runs on the HW3 and HW4 CPUs. (With HW4 currently running using HW3 emulation.) Both Intel and AMD cars have HW3. (I think HW4 is only in AMD based cars.)