Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NDAs/Conspiracy theories about Model S delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to be completely clear...there's absolutely nothing about an NDA that implies a conspiracy. There may simply be some minor details that Tesla would prefer not have made public just yet..it's not that big of a deal either way. There probably have not been any NDAs, but if there were it could explain some of the radio silence on the delivered vehicles.

Okay, I guess I was taken just slightly too seriously there...

For the record, I totally got the joke and thought it was a great post! But others sort of took off and ran with the "well, maybe people did sign NDAs or something because why haven't we heard anything from anyone who already got a car delivered!?!?!?!?" I was responding to those subsequent posts, not yours.:smile:

- - - Updated - - -

It was either that or continue to debate the value lost to the exclusivity of my Sig when an owner living in Toronto visits Buffalo, NY. I figured that preying on anxiety was the best path to take.

You're on FIRE today, Flasher! :biggrin::wink:

Perhaps the most interesting part of our delivery is that I haven't had a test-ride yet! We decided to wait until the "wedding night" before driving a Model S. It was the same way with our Roadster (although I had received a ride from JB in EP2 years earlier).

And for the record and to flame the conspiracy theorists. My wife and I have both signed NDAs with Tesla Motors. I could tell you about it, but then they'd need to kill both of us.

Why would you sign an NDA? Did they offer you some incentive or was it a requirement to receive your car? Sounds odd?? Can u post a pic?

I've brought up several computer manufacturing lines and NDA's are standard practice when new IP is developed for big stuff like major reworks. But this feels more like an embargo as I'm sure there is a relief or trigger date in the near future.