Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 2024 Quicksilver Model Y is here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
Just took delivery of the new Quicksilver Model Y Performance. Last week I drove the demo and found out they had one Quicksilver in inventory and ordered it right away.
The ride is quiet, controlled, and comfortable. This car is the true definition of “Walk softly and carry a big stick”. The acceleration is truly awe inspiring.
IMG_2031.jpeg
IMG_2029.jpeg

Hi everyone,
Just took delivery of the new Quicksilver Model Y Performance. Last week I drove the demo and found out they had one Quicksilver in inventory and ordered it right away.
The ride is quiet, controlled, and comfortable. This car is the true definition of “Walk softly and carry a big stick”. The acceleration is truly awe inspiring.View attachment 1044959View attachment 1044960
I has hoping Quicksilver would be more silver and less gray. 😐

Looks like Honda's Magnesium Metallic. A friend of mine had a 2005 Civic in that color.

View attachment 1045040
No, it doesn't. Not even close. That color is WAY more dull and has zero flop and no depth at all. If you think that's the same color, I hope you're not in any sort of a design roll as a profession.

Kid: "But mom, I want Qdoba!"
Mom: "We have Qdoba at home."

...that color is the Qdoba at home. 😂

No, it doesn't. Not even close. That color is WAY more dull and has zero flop and no depth at all. If you think that's the same color, I hope you're not in any sort of a design roll as a profession.
Well, i actually have a quicksilver MY, and I agree with the 3 other posters who have said separately that it looks like: magnesium, pewter, and gray.

I still like it, of course. But it looks less like the bright silvery color thats implied by the name that most people would associate with.

Well, i actually have a quicksilver MY, and I agree with the 3 other posters who have said separately that it looks like: magnesium, pewter, and gray.

I still like it, of course. But it looks less like the bright silvery color thats implied by the name that most people would associate with.
It's a similar shade, agreed. That's not what I was disagreeing with though. There's no way that that car the other person posted a picture of would look anything like a Quicksilver Tesla. Even just from the photos I've seen, it's very similar to a car I had and there's no chance those two paint jobs would look anywhere near the same in person based on the metrics I listed. The Honda will basically always look one single color no matter what and that Quicksilver color will verge more on blue/green in overcast situations and bronze/gold/purplish in other lighting scenarios. That's what I'm talking about and I'm sure you will agree with that since you own one. In person, it's a "living" color due to the depth & flop of the color which is a far more intricate color than what's on that Honda. The fact that you say it looks like three different shades of silver/metal tells me that you're in agreement with what I'm saying. That Honda is gray. Full stop.

• Funny
Reactions: zroger73
Happy they are adding colors but this is going to be a really low selling color, why spend 2k on this when you get the darker gray for $0? Maybe if it was 1k I could see some people choosing it just to be different. I may be a bit biased because I dislike sliver cars.

Happy they are adding colors but this is going to be a really low selling color, why spend 2k on this when you get the darker gray for $0? Maybe if it was 1k I could see some people choosing it just to be different. I may be a bit biased because I dislike sliver cars.
I'd pay to upgrade to this color. Source: we just bought a 2024 MYLR in Stealth Gray weeks before this became an option.