Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More anti-ev gibberish

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exhaust Notes - MSN Autos

Couldn't disagree more with the author and I'm wondering if their bias, outside of defending parent company, comes from not being able to get behind the wheel of a Model S yet.

But I'm all for more articles like this, as it is just more free advertising for folks to try it for themselves.

Last edited:
More John Peterson gibberish. I always enjoy the back and forth comments whenever Mr Peterson slams Tesla.

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11849357/3/getting-tesla-wrong.html

John Peterson.JPG

Saw this referenced earlier but don't rember a link here:

The NYT/Tesla controversy is about more than range - Road & Track

Since this story is 50/50 it puts neither as winner but this new piece has the NYT trying to bolster it's position of power.

- - - Updated - - -

Exhaust Notes - MSN Autos

Couldn't disagree more with the author and I'm wondering if their bias, outside of defending parent company, comes from not being able to get behind the wheel of a Model S yet.

But I'm all for more articles like this, as it is just more free advertising for folks to try it for themselves.

Did you see this, two articles down?

The connected car is quickly becoming a reality, as more vehicles offer Internet-enabled applications to bring in features and services. While its German luxury rivals Audi and BMW offer a Google Search function that allows drivers to route their findings to the navigation system, Mercedes-Benz is the only automaker that offers a full Web browser.

What a crock.

It surprises me that virtually every article you see about EVs virtually never bothers to interview one EV owner. Or if they do, they are quoted out of context to misconstrue the meaning and/or intent of the person interviewed. They'll quote a lot of other so-called experts who supposedly know what it's like to own one, but of course they don't.

New FUD on eestor chat is tires.
EV pollute more due to the tire wear because they weigh more. Really getting desperate if they resort to tire pollution.

Fail to account for engine wear and all gas transport along with the particulates from brake dust

Just in case it come up in future discussions.

Probably see this in a JP paper too. Lol

Bjorn Lomborg: Green Cars Have a Dirty Little Secret

I just came across this article from today's WSJ (subscription required):

Bjorn Lomborg: Green Cars Have a Dirty Little Secret - WSJ.com

Don't even bother reading the comments. But if you really want a good laugh, watch the accompanying video which includes some great comments from a mouthpiece for the American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers. In the video, he praises great American innovation and entrepreneurship for leading the charge in creating cleaner vehicles. He's not referring to EVs of course, rather the breakthroughs in "fracking" technology to power natural gas vehicles. :)

I just came across this article from today's WSJ

Drivers attempting long road trips, as in one BBC test drive, have reported that recharging takes so long that the average speed is close to six miles per hour—a bit faster than your average jogger.

That pretty much says what kind of article this is. BTW, the author is not an WSJ reporter, but someone who wrote a book and directs a "consensus" center.