Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X reveal impact on TSLA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Using a regular windshield, and doors and seats etc. and more common parts with model S would have been just as good
and way easier to manufacture.
The Models S already scores 103 out of 100, why try to exceed perfection at a huge cost
of time and manufacturing . Until this perception is proven otherwise, I am afraid .
This may be just me , maybe I am being irrational , and the market thinks otherwise.

Ok not to single you out but the whole general tone about MX here is getting old. It's done, finished, in the past, Musk himself admitted they might have made too big of a bite.

Now look at the consequences. MS have not been fundamentally changed in a while. They still sell it and make money hand over fist on it. They now have a second horse in the race that is set to make even more money over possibly an even longer period of time (due to higher initial lead over competition). As an investor I can see the allocation of engineering and manufacturing resources might have been maybe 10 or 20% off the optimal but regardless, I'm extremely happy. Why be so upset you spent maybe 20% more than optimal on an asset that brings 1000% return?

Ok not to single you out but the whole general tone about MX here is getting old. It's done, finished, in the past, Musk himself admitted they might have made too big of a bite.

Now look at the consequences. MS have not been fundamentally changed in a while. They still sell it and make money hand over fist on it. They now have a second horse in the race that is set to make even more money over possibly an even longer period of time (due to higher initial lead over competition). As an investor I can see the allocation of engineering and manufacturing resources might have been maybe 10 or 20% off the optimal but regardless, I'm extremely happy. Why be so upset you spent maybe 20% more than optimal on an asset that brings 1000% return?

I certainly didn't expect that more than a week after the reveal, the atmosphere at TMC would be even more contentious than it was right after the Signature Series design studio pictures leaked.

It's been interesting to watch the aftermath of all of this, but I agree that maybe people should chill out a bit and just wait to see how things play out.

This might be a futile hope. Inflection points are always messy, and tempers run high when lots of $ is at risk. However, I like to think of it this way: would you rather have $ invested in Tesla or Toyota?