Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X mules - is the nose cone gone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, so many veiled personal attacks and mockeries in the X forums these days. I've been on the sidelines for ages and although my voice probably carries little weight I'd like to add it to the chorus of those saying 'PLEASE let it be'. It reflects really poorly on the fantastic community here (and on the individuals involved on all sides, as much as I try to remain fond of everyone here), nobody gains anything from it at all apart from the satisfaction of having the last word and 'being right', it is severely irritating to those members and guests that are here to gain insights and information, and it is ultimately seriously juvenile.

I have the greatest respect for all those individuals involved in the recently ongoing feuds and arguments, as all have been valuable, constructive, and interesting contributors on these forums (I insist on this point. I have not always found value or interest in each person's posts but I know that others have, and they have openly said so), of which I am certainly a net beneficiary, but the constant fighting (even if wrapped kind words and friendly tones) is really off-putting.

There is a german phrase, 'Der Klügere gibt nach', roughly translating to '(s)he who is wiser will concede', and I wish everyone in the recent Model X 'cold war' would strive to be the wisest.

I hope this has not been too self-righteous a post coming form a fairly junior member (wasn't here before the S launch, was it really worse than this?) but I really do wish we could finally see a change of tone here, and I know at least several others agree.

Wow, so many veiled personal attacks and mockeries in the X forums these days. I've been on the sidelines for ages and although my voice probably carries little weight I'd like to add it to the chorus of those saying 'PLEASE let it be'. It reflects really poorly on the fantastic community here (and on the individuals involved on all sides, as much as I try to remain fond of everyone here), nobody gains anything from it at all apart from the satisfaction of having the last word and 'being right', it is severely irritating to those members and guests that are here to gain insights and information, and it is ultimately seriously juvenile.

I have the greatest respect for all those individuals involved in the recently ongoing feuds and arguments, as all have been valuable, constructive, and interesting contributors on these forums (I insist on this point. I have not always found value or interest in each person's posts but I know that others have, and they have openly said so), of which I am certainly a net beneficiary, but the constant fighting (even if wrapped kind words and friendly tones) is really off-putting.

There is a german phrase, 'Der Klügere gibt nach', roughly translating to '(s)he who is wiser will concede', and I wish everyone in the recent Model X 'cold war' would strive to be the wisest.

I hope this has not been too self-righteous a post coming form a fairly junior member (wasn't here before the S launch, was it really worse than this?) but I really do wish we could finally see a change of tone here, and I know at least several others agree.

Fair post. I'd agree we on both sides are guilty of this and stopping is, as usual, hard when it doesn't stem from true mutual understanding but is "forced", and thus relapses all too easy. I've said this before but I'm not sure if the disagreements even are as big as they seem, people (myself included) may just be talking past each other. But I also guess more online talk like this is unlikely to solve that either. I wish it could, but I agree it seems unlikely.

I certainly promise to think about your levelheaded comment.

I had tea.

Is anyone seriously suggesting that Sig owners would take delivery but have a gag order that they have done so? Gotta believe that would be shouted from the rooftops.

If they needed to do their config, I can see in theory why there might be an NDA there on the specifics (but even then, not the act itself... Tesla has to want customers to know that tangible progress is being made toward the X release). But of course, asking about it if there were a gag order wouldn't produce any satisfaction anyway...

Is anyone seriously suggesting that Sig owners would take delivery but have a gag order that they have done so? Gotta believe that would be shouted from the rooftops.

I cannot imagine that Tesla would want to do anything BUT shout it from the rooftops when deliveries happen.

- - - Updated - - -

'Tea' or 'T'?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Iced.

You guys ... smh. Yes, I was in Palo Alto yesterday! I do not have my Model X! I have not signed an NDA regarding Model X delivery. There were no wooden containers involved. :)

I did pass near Kato Road and the test track on my way home, but I didn't stop. I didn't go behind HQ to get photos of the engineering cars in the parking lot. And nope, didn't have my phone ready to take shots 'just in case'.

I am a disappointment. :)

I have a feeling that for the delivery ceremony, Elon will hand over an X shaped fob to the first costumer in front of a completely silent audience. Everyone will be too busy writing about the nose cone to notice Elon standing awkwardly among lasers and house music. Elon's exact words will be, "guys, it's here, on stage!" To which the audience will mumble before looking back down at their devices and writing pads, leaving an anxiety stricken Musk to laugh awkwardly, alone.

The point: we've spent so much time coming up with theories that when it comes out, we'll still be too busy analysing it to enjoy it.

I have a feeling that for the delivery ceremony, Elon will hand over an X shaped fob to the first costumer in front of a completely silent audience. Everyone will be too busy writing about the nose cone to notice Elon standing awkwardly among lasers and house music. Elon's exact words will be, "guys, it's here, on stage!" To which the audience will mumble before looking back down at their devices and writing pads, leaving an anxiety stricken Musk to laugh awkwardly, alone.

The point: we've spent so much time coming up with theories that when it comes out, we'll still be too busy analysing it to enjoy it.

Yes, but will Elon be wearing checks or plaid at the ceremony?