Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X is ruining my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would be great for lazy owners like Roamer. :wink:

And Carl I can now confirm that if the Falcon closes on you, you will live to tell about it. I was bent over the kid seat unbuckling the thousand straps used to keep the worlds best grandson safe and contained when he thought it would be funny to push the close button with his toe. He could not resist getting his Pops. I heard the close beep, my life passed before me, and the door bumped me and stopped. What can I say the boy inherited his Pops sense of humor. Yes he has been instructed about the doors and staying clear. But then at three rules are only suggestions.

Syllogism. Fail!

Ummm...I THINK​ that was a syllogism....
Okay, I can be more specific. Here is my current list of Model S and X advantages:

Model S

Quieter interior with one motor and smaller windshield
More stable in wind - lower to ground
More cargo space
Classic look (like a Jaguar)
Seats look new after 3 years (X already has creases)
AM Radio
3 year old 85 kW battery has same range as new X with 90 kW battery
Interior spotlights feature more usable light in the cabin
More expansive view through the rear window when using the interior rear view mirror
Carbon fiber spoiler prevents damage if hatch is raised into low ceiling.

Model X

Higher profile and massive windshield view
More comfortable seats
Ease of entry and exit for all passengers
More cupholders and USB ports
Front doors have side storage
Rear hatch 12 volt socket

A lot of that depends on the options you got... like the 6 seat configuration has a much better view to the rear window than the 7 seat configuration. And what kind of seats do you have? The ultra whites are synthetic so that could be an explanation of why their creasing. Also, I feel like saying the S is more stable in the wind is odd because both of these cars have extremely low center of gravity and are both very aerodynamic, sure if you were driving into a tornado I would pick the S every time but I don't plan to test that :tongue:

A lot of that depends on the options you got... like the 6 seat configuration has a much better view to the rear window than the 7 seat configuration. And what kind of seats do you have? The ultra whites are synthetic so that could be an explanation of why their creasing. Also, I feel like saying the S is more stable in the wind is odd because both of these cars have extremely low center of gravity and are both very aerodynamic, sure if you were driving into a tornado I would pick the S every time but I don't plan to test that :tongue:
It is the thinness of the leather that causes the creases. According to my detailer, it is very normal for leather of this quality. I do have the 6 seats, but the tint and rear window size really makes a difference in that rear view (the rear camera helps). The wind comments are based on other owner reports, but I feel the difference making sharp turns.

Is Model S or X better? Both have advantages. Everyone can decide what is best for them and their passengers. No question that Model X is an attention getter and everyone loves the ease of entry and exit. But I also want everyone who drives Model S to enjoy their ride and be pleased at the advantages that exist every time they charge up and drive.

Does that mean you have the synthetic ultra white leather? Or is the leather used in the X different than the S?
I have the leather seats in both Model S and X. No synthetic, mine are the tan leather in Model X.

The original seats in Model S are not as comfortable, but the thicker solid leather has retained it's new like appearance.

The Model X leather is thinner than the Model S. That is what causes the creases over time (and it doesn't take much time.)

Okay, I can be more specific. Here is my current list of Model S and X advantages:

Model S

Quieter interior with one motor and smaller windshield
More stable in wind - lower to ground
More cargo space
Classic look (like a Jaguar)
Seats look new after 3 years (X already has creases)
AM Radio
3 year old 85 kW battery has same range as new X with 90 kW battery
Interior spotlights feature more usable light in the cabin
More expansive view through the rear window when using the interior rear view mirror
Carbon fiber spoiler prevents damage if hatch is raised into low ceiling.

Model X

Higher profile and massive windshield view
More comfortable seats
Ease of entry and exit for all passengers
More cupholders and USB ports
Front doors have side storage
Rear hatch 12 volt socket

Model S is an awesome car but people tend to gravitate to shiny new things, plus Tesla has applied to the X a few lessons learned over the past few years with the S.

So Model X may be even more awesome - I'm looking forward to mine but will be tough to let go of my S. And my guess is that at some point in the next year or so many of those X improvements Mark listed will find their way to the S in a refresh. In June it will be 4 years since the S was put on the market, and Tesla will need some kind of event or introduction between the Model 3 reveal and its first delivery.

"I only have a P85+"

Only? Me too. Oh how our live just plain suck!
:tongue:

Ha ha!

- - - Updated - - -

I did have a cringe, I must admit.

It's rare someone bad mouth a S and everyone is okay with it on TMC. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

You have wear THAT quickly?! That's not good.

I have the leather seats in both Model S and X. No synthetic, mine are the tan leather in Model X.

The original seats in Model S are not as comfortable, but the thicker solid leather has retained it's new like appearance.

The Model X leather is thinner than the Model S. That is what causes the creases over time (and it doesn't take much time.)