Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Interior temperature ssensor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello X owners!

I own model X Raven 2019. Anybody have or had a problem with cabin temperature?
I can see in app that there is 11 degrees (Celcius) inside so i'm turning on heater and setting temperature to 25 degrees. Temperature in the app is going up very fast, up to 33 degrees but in the cabin is cold.
When i turn off A/C temperature in the app is going down.

Anybody know where driver and passenger sensor is located? I've found one cabin sensor in B pillar, but i've found one post here with information that Tesla X is taking AVG temperature from 3 sensors.

Reactions: flying_things
I have a Model X Raven 2019 and have noticed an issue with the AC blowing cold air vs warm air when the cabin is cold at times. I'm assuming it may be similar issue where it thinks the cabin is warmer than it really is. Just started noticing this issue past few weeks during this winter time. I wonder what's going on.

I have a Model X Raven 2019 and have noticed an issue with the AC blowing cold air vs warm air when the cabin is cold at times. I'm assuming it may be similar issue where it thinks the cabin is warmer than it really is. Just started noticing this issue past few weeks during this winter time. I wonder what's going on.

I've noticed that on cold, sunny days when the dash would be warm, yet the cabin is cold. This would be 3/Y, not X, which I'm still waiting for.

I have exactly issue that happened about 3-4 weeks ago, I now have to use manual mode and set temp to HI otherwise the cabin is cold. The Interior temp shown in Tesla app is 10 degree above the real cabin temp hence the heating cut off too early in auto mode. Can you check the interior temp in your Tesla app to see if we have the same issue?

I had a service appointment but the SC said they didn’t say find any fault of sensor via remote check and don’t want to perform any repair . :-(

Hello X owners!

I can see in app that there is 11 degrees (Celcius) inside so i'm turning on heater and setting temperature to 25 degrees. Temperature in the app is going up very fast, up to 33 degrees but in the cabin is cold.

Anybody know where driver and passenger sensor is located? I've found one cabin sensor in B pillar, but i've found one post here with information that Tesla X is taking AVG temperature
Hello X owners!

Anybody know where driver and passenger sensor is located? I've found one cabin sensor in B pillar, but i've found one post here with information that Tesla X is taking AVG temperature from 3 sensors.
Can you tell the exactly place of the temp sensor in B pillar? Probably provide a photo. I am having trouble to locate any cabin temp sensor in my 2016 model X ( I checked behind grill that near the front usb port and it is empty. Thanks!

@flying_things temperature inside is 10C above as well and car is cutting out hot air as well. If i will set 25C then in mobile app i can see 33C after short time.

Regarding sensor it's in B pillar behind this plastic (driver side) but you need to take whole element out:
1706604326301.png

Funny thing is that when i've disconnected this sensor nothing changed in mobile app, there is no error or warning so seems like model X is taking AVG temperature from multiple sensors.

@flying_things temperature inside is 10C above as well and car is cutting out hot air as well. If i will set 25C then in mobile app i can see 33C after short time.

Regarding sensor it's in B pillar behind this plastic (driver side) but you need to take whole element out:
View attachment 1013523

Funny thing is that when i've disconnected this sensor nothing changed in mobile app, there is no error or warning so seems like model X is taking AVG temperature from multiple sensors.
Got it, there is a small dot within your green circle which is a fanless temp sensor, it should be this one. the same kind of sensor is also presented on both driver side and passenger side b-pillar on the exactly same location.

after some test, blow hot air to each sensor on b-pillar definitely increases the interior temp shown in tesla app. However, I found out even I put ice on both of the sensor, open all window and door, turn on the heating, the interior temp in Tesla app still increased to an unreasonable number (e,g, like 90 while the cabin should be around 70), so there must be other temp sensor in the cabin that are reporting wild number, but I am not able to locate them.

Also, disconnecting sensor should reporting error in "themeral test" (you can access it via "Service mode"). if you try that and it should reporting error on "IN_CAR_TEMP_SENSOR" row after you run that test.
@mousepl

Got it, there is a small dot within your green circle which is a fanless temp sensor, it should be this one. the same kind of sensor is also presented on both driver side and passenger side b-pillar on the exactly same location.

after some test, blow hot air to each sensor on b-pillar definitely increases the interior temp shown in tesla app. However, I found out even I put ice on both of the sensor, open all window and door, turn on the heating, the interior temp in Tesla app still increased to an unreasonable number (e,g, like 90 while the cabin should be around 70), so there must be other temp sensor in the cabin that are reporting wild number, but I am not able to locate them.

Also, disconnecting sensor should reporting error in "themeral test" (you can access it via "Service mode"). if you try that and it should reporting error on "IN_CAR_TEMP_SENSOR" row after you run that test.
@mousepl
Yes, I have exactly the same behaviour. Cooling down sensor or disconnecting it is not causing any difference… only warm place in the car is behind MCU where heater is located…
Unfortunately I will be not able to make your test in next few weeks as I’m abroad but in general seems like temperature is coming from different place.