Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X event e-mail sent out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a Roadster owner and I haven't gotten one. And, I'm going to be in San Diego that day, and was planning on flying back to Seattle that night. It would be relatively easy for me just to drive up to LA and fly out of there the next morning.

Plus, I'm seriously thinking about buying an X to replace my 95 Pathfinder (which has been doing yeoman duty during the current snow/ice event here).

I'm going to talk to my local sales guy and see if I can scare up an invite. I'll let you know how it goes.
You can always be someone's guest at the event too. I have someone going with me already though. Maybe someone else on here going can bring you along if you can't get an invite. They'd be crazy not to at least invite all Roadster owners.

Perhaps that's one way they're trying to justify the "signature tax"

Dumb if so, because it only helps people who live relatively close to LA.

EDIT: yep, I'm a Signature reservation holder and I was invited. I sent a fairly nasty RSVP, because if they think this is something I appreciate, they have another think coming. Invite me to something I can actually go to next time, thank you very much. I wish I could transfer the invitation to someone who could actually use it.

Last edited:

EDIT: yep, I'm a Signature reservation holder and I was invited. I sent a fairly nasty RSVP, because if they think this is something I appreciate, they have another think coming. Invite me to something I can actually go to next time, thank you very much. I wish I could transfer the invitation to someone who could actually use it.

Why would you be nasty over it? If they HADN'T invited all sig owners, then there would be complaints. They do, and they get bitched at? If you don't want to go, then don't go, but don't assume they know if you do or don't want to go.

Any event Tesla invites me to I would be thrilled to go to; travel limits would be the only restriction. They are very gracious and generous (as in food and booze) hosts.

What makes you think that it is only for people who live close to LA? I live in Ohio and we will be going.

Why respond with nasty comments? How does that get you anywhere?

Personally, if you responded with a nasty comment I would simply check a box that didn't invite you to events in the future. Why not respond with something like:

"Bummer, I can't quite justify flying all the way out to L.A. for the event. Any hopes in doing an east cost reveal as well?"

When it comes to getting your car, service, and working with employees (of any company) having a positive outlook and attitude will net you a much greater experience than being pissed off at such little things.

I personally believe in treating everyone with respect and in a courteous manner. I believe that this small investment (that takes less energy than the alternative) will pay dividends.

We are looking forward to the event.

I wish I was invited! I would fly from anywhere to be there but I guess being just a roadster owner and a very probable buyer is not enough........... too bad! I wish I would have gotten neroden's invit then I would have been put to good use.......

There's some sort of misunderstanding going on that I don't get. They only get to take the covers off a new design once. How can they have a second "reveal" somewhere else? And given that the only existing prototype is at the design center at Hawthorne, and is probably fragile and non-roadworthy, where else would they have it?

I'm a Roadster owner and I haven't gotten one. And, I'm going to be in San Diego that day, and was planning on flying back to Seattle that night. It would be relatively easy for me just to drive up to LA and fly out of there the next morning.

Plus, I'm seriously thinking about buying an X to replace my 95 Pathfinder (which has been doing yeoman duty during the current snow/ice event here).

I'm going to talk to my local sales guy and see if I can scare up an invite. I'll let you know how it goes.

OK, so here's the story. I talked to my local sales person, and she gave me an address to write to at Tesla. I wrote, and they told me that it was an exclusive event, and that in order to keep it small invitations would only be going out to Signature reservation holders and VIPs of various sorts (board members, Elon's personal friends, press, etc.)

Then, today I got mail from them telling me that they are going to extend the invitation to all Roadster owners after all, and that the mail should be going out later today. I guess they didn't get as high of a take rate on the orginal request as they expected (or feared :))

So, many of you should check your inbox soon.

OK, so here's the story. I talked to my local sales person, and she gave me an address to write to at Tesla. I wrote, and they told me that it was an exclusive event, and that in order to keep it small invitations would only be going out to Signature reservation holders and VIPs of various sorts (board members, Elon's personal friends, press, etc.)

Then, today I got mail from them telling me that they are going to extend the invitation to all Roadster owners after all, and that the mail should be going out later today. I guess they didn't get as high of a take rate on the orginal request as they expected (or feared :))

Nice work. I think extending it to all Roadster owners is the right thing to do.

Thanks for contacting Tesla for us Roadster owners! I am planning on buying the Model X - to replace my gas guzzler.....so an invite would be nice......

It seems to me that if you have a Model S reservation, you're might not be as interested in the Model X since you'll already have a car. But if you already have a Roadster, and aren't getting a Model S, you might just be waiting for the Model X.

That's me. I've got a Roadster and a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder. The Pathfinder gets about 17 mpg, which would be awful if I ever drove it. Most of the driving it does get is either because I need to carry more people/stuff than the Roadster can handle, or because I want to go over snow/rough terrain that needs 4WD. The X would be perfect for that kind of stuff.

Why would you be nasty over it? If they HADN'T invited all sig owners, then there would be complaints. They do, and they get bitched at? If you don't want to go, then don't go, but don't assume they know if you do or don't want to go.

Oh, I know they needed to send out the invitation to me if they sent it to Signature reservers, but it would be nice if occasionally they invited me to something I CAN go to. You know, something at the New York store. After the third invitation to something I cannot plausibly get to, it begins to feel kind of phony, when there are people who want to go, can go, and weren't invited to. The extension of the invitation to Roadster owners makes it seem substantially less phony.

Well, my customer service person said there WILL be an east coast rollout of model S and I'll get invited to that, so I'm happy now. :love:

I actually received TWO (identical) invitations on the 19th and 20th. The invite is so horribly void of information, but I guess that's enough for those terribly excited by the idea. I don't visit the board often and had no idea they were so close to revealing anything about the X, so I thought for a second it might be spam! We could actually be very interested in the X, but already have a Model S on order for the wife. With only a two-car garage we'd have to unload the Roadster or the S to make room. In any case, we can't make it to the event. :crying: