Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X event e-mail sent out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No? Where did you hear that? I'm staying at the Ayres Manhattan Beach

Sorry, didn't mean to start rummors. I misread a post about receiving two invitations for two different days (I now realize it was that they received two invitations on two separate days to the same event). Also, inferred that was related to the fact that the invite list got much larger.

False alarm.

Correction, by "you' I meant everyone attending the event. My experience for Hawthorne is: go there for the event, but stay somewhere else.

Ah gotcha. It does look nice (though I won't be there long enough to appreciate it), but looking it up on gmaps, it doesn't look like I'm too far from the event: 14400 Hindry Ave, Hawthorne, CA 90250 to 1 Rocket Rd, Hawthorne, CA 90250 - Google Maps - though the walking directions say an hour and change, so cab it shall be!

Jetting in at 6 pm and jetting out at 10:35 - hoping that the unveil / rides are done by 9:30-ish so that I can take a quick taxi ride back to LAX.

Hotel stays overnight aren't for jetsetters :smile:

Wow, you're optimistic! You're planning on getting through LAX, to Hawthorne in traffic, hang at the event and then back to LAX in time to get to a 10:35pm flight? Hope your inbound isn't delayed. I know it's only 5 miles, but I've sat in traffic for hours around that time of evening. Encourage the taxi driver to take side streets.

Wow, you're optimistic! You're planning on getting through LAX, to Hawthorne in traffic, hang at the event and then back to LAX in time to get to a 10:35pm flight? Hope your inbound isn't delayed. I know it's only 5 miles, but I've sat in traffic for hours around that time of evening. Encourage the taxi driver to take side streets.

Thanks for the tip, Bonnie! Yeah, hoping American gets atleast their SFO-LAX shuttles to run on time!

My GF and I will be arriving pretty early on Thursday, well before noon. Is there a particularly good sushi place we should visit before the event? There's nothing like sushi when you can smell the ocean... where I live is about as far from all coasts as you can get in America.