Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Design: Ugly or Sexy? Prius?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the front is stunning looking -- Franz and his team took a chance with something new and did an excellent job. The rest I'd have to see in person, as it looks slightly awkward from some angles, but I suspect it will look great on the road. Don't think it looks like a Prius. Can't really think of any SUV I think looks really good, but the X is pretty cool.

I think the front is stunning looking -- Franz and his team took a chance with something new and did an excellent job. The rest I'd have to see in person, as it looks slightly awkward from some angles, but I suspect it will look great on the road. Don't think it looks like a Prius. Can't really think of any SUV I think looks really good, but the X is pretty cool.
Kinda wish it looked like an oversized S

Btw, I can't be the only one who sees this when looking at the Model X's fascia.
kXYoJlD.png
That's exactly what I see. The rest of the car looks great, but they should have stuck with the nose cone.

I think almost universally the back is considered ugly. The front I'm pretty sure most found acceptable. Overall I think "bloated Model S" is the best way to describe the car.

With the new front fascia the reaction has been mixed. Some people love the front, but some think it looks weird without a fake grille.

opposite here. We love the back and side... front? meh.

It certainly is not a Prius, does it look as nice as the Model S, not quite but it is an SUV and overall as far as they go it looks very nice. As I have said before was not able to get close enough at the reveal to really see it and with the lighting inside and the fact it was dark on our test ride I still need to see it during the day and up close. I will say that my biggest problem will be the cost.

The X is SEXY! I'm loving the nose. When I first saw it roll on stage it kind of shocked me, but I think it's magnificent. These cars are going to draw crowds once they are in the wild. Imagine the first time a non-Tesla enthusiast sees the falcon wing doors randomly in person. 90% of people probably have never even seen pictures of the Model X so it will be crazy when they first see one.

I agree that the new X nose is much better than the S.

The X is nothing more than a taller S. Direct profiles from left/right side may be similar to others but it is unmistakenly differently from the front/back/45 degree angles. I think if people think it looks like a Prius then I immediately disregard any future opinion they have of looks. It is not even remotely close, IMO.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/EAFFUe3.png
EAFFUe3.png

Not to be sexist but i think the model x is was geared towards women. So the looks will only look good to a women. I find it appalling. Like others here said, it is a bloated model s. And the fake grill screams feminine. We can argue all day on whether the model x is sexy or not, but it is pointless. I think we will have to wait for the numbers to really say.

Not to be sexist but i think the model x is was geared towards women. So the looks will only look good to a women. I find it appalling. Like others here said, it is a bloated model s. And the fake grill screams feminine. We can argue all day on whether the model x is sexy or not, but it is pointless. I think we will have to wait for the numbers to really say.

My wife was totally turned off by the nose. We have kids together so I'm quite sure she's a woman :wink: