Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After driving a few days, these are my main wishlist items:

- ability to temporarily disable parking sensor guidance. I have a narrow entrance into my garage. It is incredibly annoying having the car break and go into park every two feet.

- improved navigation. There's many musings on here about the navigation. I agree with them.

- Google music app. I use bluetooth for my music. I'd like a better interface.

- ability to temporarily disable parking sensor guidance. I have a narrow entrance into my garage. It is incredibly annoying having the car break and go into park every two feet.

I don't think that's the parking sensors, which have visible and audible warnings but don't have the ability to automatically stop the car (yet)
It sounds more like the "seat" sensor which puts the car in park when it detects the driver has left the seat
Are you shifting in your seat to get a better view of your garage entrance?

I know the cars stop every two feet when the drivers door is open and without the seat belt, didn't know the parking sensors can stop your car as well, doesn't sound convenient

+1 on disable sensor's, it is annoying when there is snow and and ice on the sensors every time you come to a light and slow down they light up for me until I clear them off.

Adding a few wishes after my first 2 weeks of driving .... It may be they are available but I am not able to see it... so please help me if they are available.

1. automated daily trip metering. At my Mercedes S class the car started me with a fresh "day trip" meter, which is good for tracking miles for business as it is a daily track of your miles and you do not need to remember to reset the Trip B setting or so....

2. tire pressure in bar /psi and not "just" a warning in case it is low (also standard at Mercedes S class)

3. better heating control for back seats.

4. copy and paste ... from websites to navigation for example ... or from one webpage to another.

5. more than one webpage ... meaning "windows" open.... e.g. plugshare and website of company being visited for some "directions" ... so you can switch between....

6. More adapters to charge ( e.g. NEMA 14-30 seems to be more common in other houses ....) same for Chardemo as this is on some high power outlets etc.

Hope someone at Tesla is reading this :)

1. automated daily trip metering. At my Mercedes S class the car started me with a fresh "day trip" meter, which is good for tracking miles for business as it is a daily track of your miles and you do not need to remember to reset the Trip B setting or so....

I've posted this before.. not just daily, but I want to have several trip odometers, each one I can start/stop as I desire. I also want to be able to rename them, so I can have "Lifetime Wh/m" and "daily" and "since last service" and so on. At least 10 different ones.. there doesn't have to be a limit, just let me add (or delete) as many as I want. A car with such great technology, and we're just limited to 2 fixed trip odos?

I don't think that's the parking sensors, which have visible and audible warnings but don't have the ability to automatically stop the car (yet)
It sounds more like the "seat" sensor which puts the car in park when it detects the driver has left the seat
Are you shifting in your seat to get a better view of your garage entrance?

No, I'm not shifting in my seat. The car brakes and changes the gear to Park when I get to close at low speeds. I asked the guy at the service center and he claimed it was a complaint/request tesla was aware of and it may be included in a future update.

Interesting. Mine has never done this and I have not seen this listed in the manual. It does happen with the door ajar or if you lift off the seat. Maybe the newer models have this but I do have the latest firmware upgrade and have never seen it.

If you charge every night you will get an automated daily trip meter.

No, I'm not shifting in my seat. The car brakes and changes the gear to Park when I get to close at low speeds. I asked the guy at the service center and he claimed it was a complaint/request tesla was aware of and it may be included in a future update.

The car brakes and changes the gear to Park when I get to close at low speeds.

My three week old S85 does not do that. I get a "stop" indication on the front sensors when entering my garage due to close passage of the garage door and a center post. I get it again front and rear when the car is almost to the spot where I'll put it in park. It has never gone into park by itself. I wonder what the difference is.

how about this one: the speed limit sign detector is fantastic.

but it would be even more helpful if the car detected "No turn on red" signs, and light them up on the dashboard to warn me when i'm signaling a right turn that is about to be illegal.

Interesting. Mine has never done this and I have not seen this listed in the manual. It does happen with the door ajar or if you lift off the seat. Maybe the newer models have this but I do have the latest firmware upgrade and have never seen it.

If you charge every night you will get an automated daily trip meter.

My three week old S85 does not do that. I get a "stop" indication on the front sensors when entering my garage due to close passage of the garage door and a center post. I get it again front and rear when the car is almost to the spot where I'll put it in park. It has never gone into park by itself. I wonder what the difference is.

Based on these posts I tried to replicate it and could not. @MDK is likely right, I must've been fidgeting. Mea Culpa

Another minor thing on my wishlist is for the energy graph to auto scale for the last 30 miles or for the scale to be fixed but adjustable.

I never see -300 Wh/mi, there's a ton of wasted space there

Most important request - Favorites or Speed Dial setting for iphone, or any phone for that matter. I can't believe this isn't available. Bonehead omission. Makes for dangerous conditions scrolling through large numbers of contacts to make a call.

More favorites for radio / XM stations.

Ventilated seats / AC.

+1000 on this needs speed dials urgently

I love the car, but every day I make a call, I feel I'm being put in an unsafe condition. Using voice commands is a little better, but still involves multiple touches to the touchscreen.

Tesla, PLEASE add speed dial buttons ASAP.

I agree they're needed,

Without having them I've found the easiest way to dial is using the phone menu recent calls list from the right scroll wheel. Many of my calls are back and forth to the same people (home, office, wife and kids, etc).

Speed dial or favorites could be another submenu from the scroll wheel. I would prefer that to buttons on the touchscreen, though should have both.

6. More adapters to charge ( e.g. NEMA 14-30 seems to be more common in other houses ....) same for Chardemo as this is on some high power outlets etc.

There's a pretty awesome website where you can buy adapters for pretty much anything (except CHAdeMO, lol):

For Tesla Model S

I recently went a bit crazy and bought literally every adapter ^^;;;

But speaking of 14-30, Tesla themselves sells that adapter (and a few others that don't come with the car):
Tesla Gear Shop NEMA 14-30

Sooo glad the 6.1 update is taking care of some of the feature wishlist items I've had for a while, especially pausing and rewinding TuneIn radio. Listening to 40 minute long talk shows will be so much easier now!

There's a pretty awesome website where you can buy adapters for pretty much anything (except CHAdeMO, lol):

For Tesla Model S

I recently went a bit crazy and bought literally every adapter ^^;;;

Instead of spending $55 for an adapter, you can literally make that same adapter for $24 by buying both parts on Amazon and putting it together yourself. Just follow the great tutorial here: http://cosmacelf.net/Home Made Adapters.pdf

Instead of buying the evseadatpers or Tesla adapter, I just built both a 10-30 and 14-30 adapter for less than half the cost.