Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any word on when the next release is coming? Enough of these little one-off releases...I mean the BIG release? I sure could use some wifi, playlists, HD access, better navigation options, etc.

I'd just as soon they kept with the small updates but frequently strategy. Big updates mean multiple bugs.

At the current rate, we'd be well into 2014 before we even had the features that were promised to come with the car...

Other users on this forum have reported hearing that the big release, AKA 5.0 is due out by mid April. They have supposedly been beta testing the firmware since early February (and undoubtedly patching bugs along the way). By that measure, it should be just around the corner.

Other users on this forum have reported hearing that the big release, AKA 5.0 is due out by mid April. They have supposedly been beta testing the firmware since early February (and undoubtedly patching bugs along the way). By that measure, it should be just around the corner.

Hope so. I'd seen those comments, but hadn't heard anything recent. Hope it's not pushed too far off.

4.3 is installing right now while the car's doing its possessed routine - boy, that grunting sound followed by all the lights coming on at the 4-minute mark was scary :) - in my garage at home. Quite a cacophony going on as different pumps, fans, lights, etc. seem to engage at various times. Quite entertaining!

Any word on when the next release is coming? Enough of these little one-off releases...I mean the BIG release? I sure could use some wifi, playlists, HD access, better navigation options, etc.

My guess is that it'll be tied into the fifth of Elon's so-called-trilogy of announcements: the one aimed at current owners that is "under our nose." If they're spaced two weeks apart that would put an announcement at mid-May. Actual rollout is another matter, but that's when I'd lay odds we'll hear about 5.0.