Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S sightings in Quebec

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I asked my brother who does his AV (the owner...) if he could ask him to put in a charger. My brother just started laughing. So I guess that's a no. :)

I'm starting to think the whole Tremblant track day might not be a great idea. :p

@TeslaMotors can you please install a supercharger at Circuit Tremblant? :smile:

ROFL. The owner is well-known to be something of an <unprintable>. He once shut down the BMW club in the middle of their track school day so he and his Ferrari friends could use the track for a while. Never mind they had a signed and paid for contract. Whatcha gonna do, sue a guy who comes to Tremblant by helicopter???

If you want to try out Shanonville instead, it's not nearly as beautiful a track as Tremblant, but it (a) is very technical (if bumpy) and (b) has both a CS-90 and a CS-40 available.

ROFL. The owner is well-known to be something of an <unprintable>. He once shut down the BMW club in the middle of their track school day so he and his Ferrari friends could use the track for a while. Never mind they had a signed and paid for contract. Whatcha gonna do, sue a guy who comes to Tremblant by helicopter???

If you want to try out Shanonville instead, it's not nearly as beautiful a track as Tremblant, but it (a) is very technical (if bumpy) and (b) has both a CS-90 and a CS-40 available.

Rich people who feel entitled/better than the rest really bug me. :p

----------

I've heard back from Circuit Electrique. They told me that Hydro is going to be deploying higher-amperage chargers in various locations and they are currently doing a pilot study at St-Hubert in Boucherville. He couldn't give me more information than that but assured me that Hydro will issue a press release when the program officially comes online.

Woohoo!

Last edited:
Rich people who feel entitled/better than the rest really bug me. :p

----------

I've heard back from Circuit Electrique. They told me that Hydro is going to be deploying higher-amperage chargers in various locations and they are currently doing a pilot study at St-Hubert in Boucherville. He couldn't give me more information than that but assured me that Hydro will issue a press release when the program officially comes online.

Woohoo!

ZAX ... don't get excited too quickly !! They are talking about DC Chargers (CHADEMO) ... thats what is in test in Boucherville!

IF one day we get the CHADEMO adaptor from TESLA that will be great, but until then those Fast Chargers won't be of much use for us. :-(

I think we will get more chance with the new manufacturer selected by the Electric Circuit for their L2 chargers: Add Energy. I know them pretty well, so I will ask them!

Keep you posted.

In the meantime, if you guys know a business owner in the Tremblant area that you could convince to install a CS-90 (a Hôtel, Restaurant, Golf ... a place that would have nice accommodations while waiting for the charge), please let me know and we will try together to convince him !!

Sly

ZAX ... don't get excited too quickly !! They are talking about DC Chargers (CHADEMO) ... thats what is in test in Boucherville!

IF one day we get the CHADEMO adaptor from TESLA that will be great, but until then those Fast Chargers won't be of much use for us. :-(

I think we will get more chance with the new manufacturer selected by the Electric Circuit for their L2 chargers: Add Energy. I know them pretty well, so I will ask them!

Keep you posted.

In the meantime, if you guys know a business owner in the Tremblant area that you could convince to install a CS-90 (a Hôtel, Restaurant, Golf ... a place that would have nice accommodations while waiting for the charge), please let me know and we will try together to convince him !!

Sly

Yeah I realized that after the guy from Circuit Electrique wrote me back with a pic of the CHAdeMO unit in Boucherville. BUMMER!

Well, who knows, maybe supercharger hardware is "compatible" with CHAdeMO and all we need is an adapter.

That would be great!

Where do you hang out in Candiac? :)

We have friends we visit there regularly, but yesterday were eating at Baton Rouge for an early mother's day family supper (I am working next weekend).

- - - Updated - - -

It was probably me. I was at "Salon du Vehicule electrique" at Brossard (boulevard de Rome) displaying my car, and went there just after. (betwen 4 and 5 pm)

How did the display go Toto?

I'm sure you got a fair share of the attention !

Not to mention you chose the best color combo :wink:

Argh, I completely forgot about the salon du EV in Brossard. I wanted to drop by to see what it was all about -- was it an interesting show toto?

The show was interesting, but not really crowdy.
Met another model S owner there.

The model S is definitly "THE attraction", especially whith enthousiast owner talking about it.
Ford, Nissan, Mitsubishi were there with electric vehicle... and you know what? professional sales persons don't know anything about their product. The most wonderful example is at Ford after test driving the focus:

Sales person : "this car can drive 160km on one charge"
me: ok, so what is the battery pack size
Sales person: it's 160 km
me: ok this is the autonomy, could you tell me in kWh the size of the battery
Sales person : hum, I'm not sure... hum ...I need to ask to the responsible.
Sales responsible: the battery size ! it's 330 Volt !
me : oups... let's rephrase my question... In kWh what is the size of the battery, how much energy can I store in the car?
Sales responsible: It's 330, or close to that..
me: it should be arround 25 or 30.
Sales responsible: ok, so it's 33 kWh ... I think...

Conclusion : Car dealer are not ready to sale EV, not at all. They are not able to explain when the regen works (engine or brake) It's really disappointing.

Hopefully Tesla have an amazing product, with amazing customers and sales representative... the way to EV is still long.

So I hope more people will sight the model S. I'm also more and more thinking about putting a large " It's electric" sticker on the back on the car as a lot of education as to be done.

The show was interesting, but not really crowdy.
Met another model S owner there.

The model S is definitly "THE attraction", especially whith enthousiast owner talking about it.
Ford, Nissan, Mitsubishi were there with electric vehicle... and you know what? professional sales persons don't know anything about their product. The most wonderful example is at Ford after test driving the focus:

Sales person : "this car can drive 160km on one charge"
me: ok, so what is the battery pack size
Sales person: it's 160 km
me: ok this is the autonomy, could you tell me in kWh the size of the battery
Sales person : hum, I'm not sure... hum ...I need to ask to the responsible.
Sales responsible: the battery size ! it's 330 Volt !
me : oups... let's rephrase my question... In kWh what is the size of the battery, how much energy can I store in the car?
Sales responsible: It's 330, or close to that..
me: it should be arround 25 or 30.
Sales responsible: ok, so it's 33 kWh ... I think...

Conclusion : Car dealer are not ready to sale EV, not at all. They are not able to explain when the regen works (engine or brake) It's really disappointing.

Hopefully Tesla have an amazing product, with amazing customers and sales representative... the way to EV is still long.

So I hope more people will sight the model S. I'm also more and more thinking about putting a large " It's electric" sticker on the back on the car as a lot of education as to be done.

Your little salesperson interaction is PRECISELY the reason Elon doesn't want traditional dealerships selling the Model S (or any future Tesla/EV for that matter), they just don't know what they are talking about so they'll quickly revert to selling their bread and butter ICE cars.

I should have gone to hang out there a bit yesterday, but I'd forgotten. Oh well! Doesn't sound like I missed too much. Thanks for representing the Tesla community, toto. :)

How did the display go Toto?

I'm sure you got a fair share of the attention !

Not to mention you chose the best color combo :wink:

It went very well... I'm very proud being the first grey in Quebec :tongue:

The Model S is definitly catching the attention, and I was there with Simon-Pierre from http://www.aveq.ca/ ( there is a picture of yesterday event on the welcome page) and also Stephane from Ecoroute so it was a great opportunity to promote EV cars and infrastructure.

Saw my first Model S in the wild today when turning onto Beaumont from l'Acadie. He was coming out of the gas station parking lot in a black MS (probably coming from a car wash) and followed me for a few blocks.

::waves:: if you are a member here.

A signature in the wild in Laval, on Daniel Johnson Blvd this morning....

We are getting close to 100 Model S in Quebec, so more and more chances to catch one.
photo3gbz.jpg

photo2hvo.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality, I was far and with my phone.