Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Salute

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Instead, I think the signal should be to turn off traction control and floor it for about 2 seconds. Y'know. Add some excitement to it all.

Except when the other Model S is in front of you, then you just did a repeat of the Fremont test drive incident! :)

My suggestion is that we program the Model S with a special ring tone for the horn! Come to think of it, why didn't the Model S just use a speaker for the horn instead? That way, we can have custom horn and engine sounds. Or even better, custom acceleration sounds!

How about a sign with the left hand, first finger up and thumb out at a right angle. It would look like an L.
It could mean Long range. Or, after the gaffe earlier in the week it could be Romney speak for Loser.

"Soy un perdedor
I'm a loser baby...
I’m a driver, I’m a winner; things are gonna change I can feel it"

Nod to Beck!

The Tesla is going to be so rare where I live that my "salute" will likely involve wild waving of both arms, likely one of them out the driver's side window to be sure it's seen associated with headlight flashing and some uncontrolled zig zagging! :scared:

I love it!! That is probably how I'll behave the first time I see one on the road, except I'll be pointing and yelling, LOOK! LOOK!

Last edited:
i love it!! That is probably how i'll behave the first time i see one on the road, except i'll be pointing and yelling, look! Look!

TESLA MODEL S SALUTE​

WHEREAS, the Tesla Model S is an electric car; and

WHEREAS, the Tesla Model S is in the first year of production; and

WHEREAS, the production of the Tesla Model S will progressively ramp up over the next year; and

WHEREAS, the initial deliveries of Tesla Model S vehicles will take place all throughout the United States of America; and

WHEREAS, the visual inspection of a unique Tesla Model S on United States Interstates, Routes, Freeways, Highways, Tollways, etc. (henceforth referred to as "Roads" ) will be uncommon for some time; and

WHEREAS, the recognition of unique Tesla Model S vehicles might excite exuberant responses in Tesla Model S drivers while on said roads; and

WHEREAS, the Tesla Model S is built with safety in mind; and

THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, DETERMINED AND ORDERED AS FOLLOWS;

Section 1. Drivers of Tesla Model S vehicles who recognize one another be resolved to safely pull over at the nearest exit, off ramp, rest stop, intersection, etc.

Section 2. Drivers of Tesla Model S vehicles identify the nearest pub, bar, watering hole, wine bar, sports bar, etc.

Section 3. Drivers of Tesla Model S drink one beer together, charge their vehicles, wait until effects of alcohol have dissipated and depart on previously established journeys.

Section 4. This Resolution shall take effect immediately.

AYES, AND IN FAVOR THEREOF:

Last edited:
I wish someone could come up with an application for the touch screen that would allow the driver to preset words or short sentences. These words would appear illuminated on the back window glass. Something like OPEN, CLOSED signs on store windows. You could write phrases like STAY BACK, KEEP DISTANCE, or HELLO MODEL S, I AM ELECTRIC and so on. These phrases would be preset in the touchscreen application with one button for each phrase. So you just press one button and the whole phrase would appear illuminated on the back window glass.

Should there be a pre-libation rendezvous verification gesture to confirm adherence to the proclamation?
Perhaps the left hand with the thumb and pinky finger extended, having the thumb point towards mouth along with a tilting gesture that imitates knocking a beer back from stein?

There is an EV hand sign going around here in CA.

Too hard to accurately describe but it's 3 digits. Thumb and it's two adjoining fingers.

If you were to look at the tips they would form a triangle. (signifying a generic plug)

The action is a wrist move like a tennis swing (plugging in action)
LOL. I still need to read the rest of the thread to see if anybody (TEG?) got it.

I wish someone could come up with an application for the touch screen that would allow the driver to preset words or short sentences. These words would appear illuminated on the back window glass. Something like OPEN, CLOSED signs on store windows. You could write phrases like STAY BACK, KEEP DISTANCE, or HELLO MODEL S, I AM ELECTRIC and so on. These phrases would be preset in the touchscreen application with one button for each phrase. So you just press one button and the whole phrase would appear illuminated on the back window glass.

I am afraid I would utilize "PUT DOWN YOUR *&%$ PHONE" too frequently if that was the case