Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Plaid Track Package Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's interesting. I had asked Tesla Service about the different wheel option weights and they told me:

19 inch wheels and tires weigh 57 lbs (wheel 29 lbs + 27 lbs tire).
20 inch forged wheels weigh 50lbs (wheel 21 lbs + tire 29 lbs)
21 inch arachnid wheels weigh 67 lbs (wheel 35lbs + tire 32 lbs)

Reactions: Evee
That's interesting. I had asked Tesla Service about the different wheel option weights and they told me:

19 inch wheels and tires weigh 57 lbs (wheel 29 lbs + 27 lbs tire).
20 inch forged wheels weigh 50lbs (wheel 21 lbs + tire 29 lbs)
21 inch arachnid wheels weigh 67 lbs (wheel 35lbs + tire 32 lbs)

There's almost no discernable difference in weight between forged and cast wheels of similar design. Weight savings comes from forged being stronger and being able to use designs with less material while maintaining similar strength. The forged 19x9 zero g replicas (similar to the track pack wheels) I had made were around 25 pounds each iirc. That's why I never made any beyond that first set, the design is just a heavy one.

What happens when you sell your Plaid with CCB, will Tesla put the OEM Stock brakes back on for you? I doubt the value of a car with them will be worth as much as what you could sell them to another plaid owner for. More hassle but might make sense.

What happens when you sell your Plaid with CCB, will Tesla put the OEM Stock brakes back on for you? I doubt the value of a car with them will be worth as much as what you could sell them to another plaid owner for. More hassle but might make sense.
I plan to leave the ccbk on the car. It will be too much time, hassle and money to have Tesla return it back to stock. Also who ever buys the track package would also need to go to Tesla to have them re-installed and flashed.

What are people seeing for wait times on the TP nowadays?
The issue right now is Tires
Mine was installed 3 months ago (CCB) and had a Friend waiting for 4 months ordering just a week after me but it was a full track package.
Had to wrestle with the service center to install the CCB, give him the rims and come back when the tires are available.
It’s been almost 7 months since he ordered and there is no ET on the tires yet.

Reactions: Spdrcrj
Is the service center still beino adamant about not installing the CCB if they see UP or MPP suspension parts?
Depends on the SC. I had all UP and MPP parts on mine and they still installed it. Even had a brembo bbk on it that they took off to put on the TP. I suggest you stop by your local SC to make sure they are cool with it before ordering. I did that and everything went smooth.

I have a 2021 so it even involved new knuckles. Only thing they did not do is alignment due to the UP and MPP arms.

Depends on the SC. I had all UP and MPP parts on mine and they still installed it. Even had a brembo bbk on it that they took off to put on the TP. I suggest you stop by your local SC to make sure they are cool with it before ordering. I did that and everything went smooth.

I have a 2021 so it even involved new knuckles. Only thing they did not do is alignment due to the UP and MPP arms.
How would you grade the difference between the CCB and the original daily?

• Funny
Reactions: Sam1
How would you grade the difference between the CCB and the original daily?
I had to switch back to OEM for something last week, and just got my car back today and forgot my UP ceramics weren't on there. Pedal was on the floor at about 150 and as my car refused to stop, I realized I need to put the CCBs back on first thing in the morning 🤣

Oh wow 4 real? Ok ill ask my SC about the kit
Yeah, the track pack is better than Unplugged's. I just happened to pay for the UP kit like 2-3 weeks before the track pack was announced. Will probably do the track pack on the next model.

Even with the lightweight/smaller CCB kit from UP the car stops comically fast from deep triple digit speeds.

CCB kit currently sold out...
But yet the track package (w/zero-g and wheels) is in stock. Seems they are trying to push the bigger package

Attachments

• IMG_4003.png
    IMG_4003.png
    945.8 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: WeaponX