Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S First "Choices" Pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for posting. I can't even appreciate any cloth in the picture.

yeah - i couldn't tell either. I imagine that particular distinction will have to be seen in real life to really be appreciated.

And on the general comments - i was all about pearl white/black interior, but i actually really like the way the tan interior looks - i know there was a lot of complaints about the 2 tone, but in that picture, i think it looks really nice.

I just noticed - the "glass triangles" that some people mentioned earlier aren't in those photos.

It's still there seemingly. In pics of the exterior, it appears to be glass while in those of the interior, it looks solid black and maybe smaller too.

triangle.png

I'm not sure exactly where I heard this, but I'm certain that someone official has said that they're identical except for the finish.

I think you are right, and I am pretty sure it is posted somewhere on this site.

I think it is unlikely that Tesla would pay for tooling to make both forged and cast versions of the same wheel. They are much smarter with their money than that.

GSP

@ddenboer: I'm thinking the same: blue, grey, lacewood. I'll probably not get the pano. The tan shouldhave been my first choice interior, but the black & tan bicolor, with the off-white headliner, just looks too jumbled. I really wish they had put a tan-interior Beta in the mix at Santana Row so we could really see how that played.

Okay, here's my crack at it:

my.jpg

For the interior, I like black. The red highlights look great. I'm really glad they came up with the CF option for Performance.

I didn't like how the "Performance Wheels" looked with the red. Is it just me or did that look funny, especially with the other chrome parts. I think I'd have to see it in person to be sure.

that was my "Model S First "Choices" Pics" , that 'forced' me to sign the reservation 3 years ago ... :

- very sleek , sporty
- totaly white bodypaint

... what's left ... ??

I love the doors on this earlier prototype and sort of prefer the lack of chrome on it (the door handles for one). Just an observation, but the older rims have 9 "spokes" vs. the 10 in the current rims. It sort of makes it look less cluttered. It's another reason I prefer the 19" rims.