Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S First "Choices" Pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok help me out a little. I'm comparing pictures of the regular interior to the signature interior.

What is the difference between perforated leather in the regular vs. the nappa leather in the signature?

Other than the different kind of leather (perforated vs. nappa), is the only difference the piping on the trim of the seats?

Where is all the "extra" leather that supposedly comes with the Signature series?

Maybe my eye isn't as discerning so help me out. I'm still trying to decide whether to stick with a Sig or go with a regular.

Oooops! Just realized the pictures are comparing Signature vs Signature Performance, not regular vs Signature.

So really the difference is the perforated leather vs nappa leather. Is nappa leather considered more premium?

signature-performance-red-21-performance-wheels.jpg

signature-performance-red-19-aero-wheels.jpg

I want both sets of wheels

signature-performance-tan-leather-with-lacewood-decor.jpg

I really thought I'd go with the banana, but the lacewood has an organic carbon fiber vibe-even though I don't want cf in the cab

Ok help me out a little. I'm comparing pictures of the regular interior to the signature interior.

What is the difference between perforated leather in the regular vs. the nappa leather in the signature?

Other than the different kind of leather (perforated vs. nappa), is the only difference the piping on the trim of the seats?

Where is all the "extra" leather that supposedly comes with the Signature series?

Maybe my eye isn't as discerning so help me out. I'm still trying to decide whether to stick with a Sig or go with a regular.

I was confused as well. Here is what Tesla told me.

The non-sig cars will have a leather-like material on the dash/doors/etc. The difference will only be noticeable on close inspection.

I was confused as well. Here is what Tesla told me.

The non-sig cars will have a leather-like material on the dash/doors/etc. The difference will only be noticeable on close inspection.

Thanks. I'm looking at the regular cloth interior picture AnOutsider posted earlier and comparing it to the Sig Performance picture, and there isn't a lot of difference that I can tell.

Also aren't the Performance versions supposed to have carbon fiber on the exterior as well in some places? From the pictures provided, I can't really see where that is.

Thanks. I'm looking at the regular cloth interior picture AnOutsider posted earlier and comparing it to the Sig Performance picture, and there isn't a lot of difference that I can tell.

Yup, I agree. The microfiber cloth + synthetic leather interior looks pretty good for my taste.

Now, the question is can these non-real-leather seats get very cold? i.e. do they need the heated aspect that one can only get by springing for the $1,500 nappa leather upgrade? I don't really care for the 12-way vs the 8-way adjustable aspect.

Now that I think about it. I have never 'chosen' a color of my car. They have always been the result of having only one left on the lot (in the city/state) with the more important options that I wanted (or did not want).

I am 95% certain I want black interior. And about 80% certain I want leather for the seat heaters.
Exterior I for some reason was stuck on white. Probably because I really wanted a white A3 with black interior, before I got my GTI. But looking at these pictures I am not so sure ...

One thing I have going for me is I won't really care once I get the car. I really thought my grey GTI was an awful color when I bought it but it has been my favorite color of all my cars.

I only saw he was comparing pictures, not making decisions about quality and look of materials. Surely that discussion is allowed?

:confused: huh? yes comparing pictures as a way to see how he'd like it in the end product. No one is going to compare pictures for the sake of comparing pictures. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm just stating that it's by no means a good way to make a final decision when you're comparing different materials.