Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As others have noted, it seems the lack of Certificate of Conformity specifically for the Model S LR is the holdup at the moment. You can search for Tesla's certificates here which will show you that the Model S LR does not have one yet. I would think once we see it show up then we'll start seeing updates regarding our LR orders.
Checks out I did not see Certificate fo Conformity for MSLR. I did locate it for 2024 Model S Plaid.

Attachments

• Certificate of Conformity - 2024 Model S Plaid.png
    Certificate of Conformity - 2024 Model S Plaid.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
That literally makes no sense. You're basically saying the EPA didn't gimp the rating enough so Tesla is adding some of their own reductions that aren't actually real.
Simple Math... Most generally charge between 20 and 80 percent 'as recommended'. So I'll use 80 percent as a general daily max as most do not charge to 100 unless they are going on a long road trip.
For a vehicle with a range of 405 miles:
  • 80% of 405 miles is 0.8 * 405 = 324 miles.
For a vehicle with a range of 350 miles:
  • 80% of 300 miles is 0.8 * 350 = 280 miles.
For a vehicle with a range of 300 miles:
  • 80% of 300 miles is 0.8 * 300 = 240 miles.
So, the difference in range between 80% of 405 miles and 80% of 300 miles is 84 miles which is drastic, especially for those who were excited to see that the range did not shift when all other models did after the mass-updated EPA to all other models.

Considering, it's Tesla's "Long Range" flagship model and when purchased... the purchase price suggests range of 405mi which for most made sense.

These numbers when planning trips and understanding the charging habits that optimize battery health and longevity are important.

With that said... I am undecided on what to do if the EPA did lower. I'm somewhat in agreement and in the same boat with most who have recently ordered. Looking at the same dilemma.

Will probably make this an OP to see feedback.

Simple Math... Most generally charge between 20 and 80 percent 'as recommended'. So I'll use 80 percent as a general daily max as most do not charge to 100 unless they are going on a long road trip.
So, the difference in range between 80% of 405 miles and 80% of 300 miles is 84 miles which is drastic, especially for those who were excited to see that the range did not shift when all other models did after the mass-updated EPA to all other models.

Considering, it's Tesla's "Long Range" flagship model and when purchased... the purchase price suggests a range of 405mi which for most made sense.

These numbers when planning trips and understanding the charging habits that optimize battery health and longevity are important.

With that said... I am undecided on what to do if the EPA did lower. I'm somewhat in agreement and in the same boat with most who have recently ordered. Looking at the same dilemma.

Considering, it's Tesla's "Long Range" flagship model and when purchased... the purchase price suggests range of 405mi which for most made sense.

Will probably make this an OP to see feedback.
I think everyone charges to 100 percent before a road trip.

Reactions: Kandiru
Just got my VIN for MSP Stealth/white int/19"/wheel.
Delivery Feb 27-March 3

Question about payment and insurance.
*Insurance prompt says I need to include VIN of new Tesla. In the past I though you only needed to include proof of insurance of any of your cars?
*Can I pay after I inspect car?
* Does delivery really get delayed if I don't submit these? Or does delivery go to my SC regardless.

Reaching out here because I believe I'll get more accurate responses than an SA.

Delivery Feb 27-March 3

*Insurance prompt says I need to include VIN of new Tesla. In the past I though you only needed to include proof of insurance of any of your cars?
* Does delivery really get delayed if I don't submit these? Or does delivery go to my SC regardless.

Reaching out here because I believe I'll get more accurate responses than an SA.
I think goes to the SC regardless. I don't plan on adding the car to my insurance until the day of pickup. I'm not paying extra days for nothing.

Yes, you can pay on delivery after you inspect the car. I plan on bringing a check. No way I'm paying in advance. If the car is terrible I'm walking away.

Reactions: Septocaine

Considering, it's Tesla's "Long Range" flagship model and when purchased... the purchase price suggests a range of 405mi which for most made sense.

Picked up my LR in November. I was able to drive like 4.5-5 hours mostly above 70mph in below freezing temperatures without charging. I was happy with that real world range.

Delivery Feb 27-March 3

(My insurance) has always asked me what day I will take ownership and you don’t start paying until that point. In Illinois anyway, they were fine with just proof of a policy granted all states may not be the same.

Who still has SLR deliveries scheduled before the end of Feb that hasn’t been pushed back into March? I have Franklin, TN EDD Feb 16-25. No update to EDD since VIN assignment on Feb 5.
Yeah mine hasn't changed either with the Feb 16 start date of my window. I imagine they will wait until Feb 16/17 in hopes they get more clarity on the new EPA approval timeline by then and update accordingly. From what @sorka said, sounds like they'll update to something like Feb 28-Mar 31 if they don't get a more definitive date by then.