Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Referring to LED strips running along the trim like the model 3 highland and cybertruck. It was initially a promised feature for the refresh S/X and the wiring is actually present on all of them. So some speculate it is coming soon since Tesla finally released the feature on other models.
Thanks for the clarification. Every time I had bought a Tesla, changes were announced within 3 months. My 2014 S85 RWD, had two chargers to facilitate 80 Amps charging. Within three months dual motors were announced. Dual chargers were not an option anymore. Tesla called me in 2016 to replace the 2014 with Autopilot and Dual motors. I obliged. Autopilot-1 was awesome. And so it went on. I have learned to accept these changes and not get angry or upset!! Perhaps it is my aging process!!!!

Thanks for the clarification. Every time I had bought a Tesla, changes were announced within 3 months. My 2014 S85 RWD, had two chargers to facilitate 80 Amps charging. Within three months dual motors were announced. Dual chargers were not an option anymore. Tesla called me in 2016 to replace the 2014 with Autopilot and Dual motors. I obliged. Autopilot-1 was awesome. And so it went on. I have learned to accept these changes and not get angry or upset!! Perhaps it is my aging process!!!!
Yeah, I don't care about the minor changes, although a front camera would be nice. I care about the model year changeover, since it affects the resale price by about $5k in a few years. I plan to sell before the warranty runs out.

Originally ordered in mid November, had a car originally in late November and went on hold for another vehicle hoping to get a 2024 VIN.

Given I was going for a FUSC transfer I pushed to get one by 12/31, given I had a car available previously, and ended up picking up a Ultra Red, Cream Interior, normal wheel, and 19 inch wheels from the Fremont factory direct

It had been raining in the bay so the car had a bunch of water on it so it was difficult to do an inspection but I found some scratches on it even so and had their detailers dry off the car as I became worried

Because of that, I found a bunch of scratches that went even beyond the clear coat, trim that was chipped, trim that was scratched, window seals that were not cut to size and popping out, etc on a car with 3 miles on the odometer. The car was not rejected previously according to staff that checked and the quality left me incredibly disappointed given they, at first, refused to dry off the car to inspect it and I paid so much for the car

Some pics attached for reference, check the trim and door handles closely as almost every single piece of mine was damaged

Attachments

• IMG_3223.jpeg
    IMG_3223.jpeg
    344.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3230.jpeg
    IMG_3230.jpeg
    402.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3231.jpeg
    IMG_3231.jpeg
    344.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3234.jpeg
    IMG_3234.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Informative
Reactions: teko
Originally ordered in mid November, had a car originally in late November and went on hold for another vehicle hoping to get a 2024 VIN.

Given I was going for a FUSC transfer I pushed to get one by 12/31, given I had a car available previously, and ended up picking up a Ultra Red, Cream Interior, normal wheel, and 19 inch wheels from the Fremont factory direct

It had been raining in the bay so the car had a bunch of water on it so it was difficult to do an inspection but I found some scratches on it even so and had their detailers dry off the car as I became worried

Because of that, I found a bunch of scratches that went even beyond the clear coat, trim that was chipped, trim that was scratched, window seals that were not cut to size and popping out, etc on a car with 3 miles on the odometer. The car was not rejected previously according to staff that checked and the quality left me incredibly disappointed given they, at first, refused to dry off the car to inspect it and I paid so much for the car

Some pics attached for reference, check the trim and door handles closely as almost every single piece of mine was damaged
That is so disappointing man. My only explanation for why they even attempt to deliver cars like this is because most people just don't care and take it.

My car has 2 of the 4 issues you're showing in your pics. Very slightly misaligned door (doesn't bother me. My 2016 had a similar misalignment). Also a few small scratches in the paint - one through the clear. I didn't worry about the scratches as my paint correction guy said he has seen it all from tesla (they only work on Tesla's) and he should be able to address most things. I'll let y'all see the verdict Tuesday lol. As for the handle, they should just replace that. The weather seal looks like crap. Hopefully that's an easy fix.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Sorry about the crappy pic. Screenshot of a video. Both my front doors look like this

View attachment 1002145
Edit

The other side. Kinda hard to see as well. I'll have better pics Tuesday

View attachment 1002148
Thanks for this, I added this to my service list of things for them to fix

Anyone know where the thread is of all the known current issues with the refresh MS’s? Would be a helpful checklist to see what else needs to get fixed

While the car is nice this is almost a nightmare experience for buying a car and if it wasn’t for the FUSC transfer (I do 35-40k miles a year) then I would have rejected delivery and just kept the MS 15

Thanks for this, I added this to my service list of things for them to fix

Anyone know where the thread is of all the known current issues with the refresh MS’s? Would be a helpful checklist to see what else needs to get fixed

While the car is nice this is almost a nightmare experience for buying a car and if it wasn’t for the FUSC transfer (I do 35-40k miles a year) then I would have rejected delivery and just kept the MS 15

Reactions: diddydee