Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vin is 529XXX. Not sure how to find the build date.
I wasn't expecting to see your response starting with 529xxx. 531xxx was mentioned just a couple of posts ago to compare. I have read vehicles don't always deliver VINs sequentially, but havent seen things jump around by that margin before under normal circumstances.

As for build date, quoting Google "The build date for your Tesla vehicle is shown on the vehicle certification label located on the driver's side door pillar."

Thanks

Reactions: zoomer0056
Does holding off on a trade-in offer slow or stop VIN assignment?

I received a lower offer than the initial from Tesla. It's a >$2k difference from Carvana and Carmax offers even after considering a state tax reduction due to trade-in. What is convienence worth?

In other news after reading post after post on this site I could not find 1 post where the final trade-in offer exceeded the initial web offer. Statistical anomoly? Lol

I received a lower offer than the initial from Tesla. It's a >$2k difference from Carvana and Carmax offers even after considering a state tax reduction due to trade-in. What is convienence worth?

In other news after reading post after post on this site I could not find 1 post where the final trade-in offer exceeded the initial web offer. Statistical anomoly? Lol
I don’t think it makes any difference. I just rejected my trade in offer. Will post here if that changes the date.

The “cream” ingredient in your configuration is likely the extended delay in your build so in your favor for a 24’ year vin and delivery. Rarely see cream cars in my area. Does look nice though.
And pairs well with walnut and cherry red. Worth the wait, it's like Dessert. See profile pic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yelobird and teko

I can't recommend anyone do a Tesla trade in. Definitely you will get a low offer.
Sell your car PP, then place an order. Car rental for a few weeks will be less than the gain in sales price I bet.

Reactions: teko
I can't recommend anyone do a Tesla trade in. Definitely you will get a low offer.
Sell your car PP, then place an order. Car rental for a few weeks will be less than the gain in sales price I bet.
It's the golden handcuffs of the FUSC promotion that has me having to sell the 2017 after taking delivery of the new order.

Starting to wonder what the Q1 promotion will be or if the high tide of Cybertruck and Highland deliveries will prevent anything substantial.

I think it is so hard sell a Tesla privately now. I have listed my 2021 refresh Model S LR on Autotrader and Facebook Marketplace for over a month now, at a reasonable price and all lowball offers. That is why I despise owning a car, as I get a new one every couple years and normally lease. Tesla just has such bad lease programs though and used EV’s are just slow movers now and very low prices.

Just sold my 2021 MYLR earlier this month for $40k to a private party. Tesla offered me $35k, KBB $32k and Carvana $38k. Car max wasn’t buying online and requested to bring it in. Vroom declined to purchase Teslas at this time. SoCal.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
Just sold my 2021 MYLR earlier this month for $40k to a private party. Tesla offered me $35k, KBB $32k and Carvana $38k. Car max wasn’t buying online and requested to bring it in. Vroom declined to purchase Teslas at this time. SoCal.
Wow. At this rate, forget getting a CT, won't even be able to trade my '22 in for a Highland next year. Also SoCal.

Reactions: rugar760
I think it is so hard sell a Tesla privately now. I have listed my 2021 refresh Model S LR on Autotrader and Facebook Marketplace for over a month now, at a reasonable price and all lowball offers. That is why I despise owning a car, as I get a new one every couple years and normally lease. Tesla just has such bad lease programs though and used EV’s are just slow movers now and very low prices.
These expensive sedans depreciate a lot. Yours is 3 years old in about 10 days so you can expect 45-50% depreciation from current sales price.

These expensive sedans depreciate a lot. Yours is 3 years old in about 10 days so you can expect 45-50% depreciation from current sales price.
I agree, it really is two years old now from when I purchased it, but I get it, as it goes by model year. It has depreciated more than 50%, which is a lot.

I think all EV’s are depreciating greater than normal right now and doubt it will get any better soon, as I think the people that want EV’s have them and the rest of the general public is sticking with gas cars for a while. But, who knows in this economy/market what can change next. 🙂

A datapoint about delivery dates: My MS reservation has had a 10-day estimated delivery window of December 22 – 31 for the last couple of weeks. As of today, the start of the window pushed out by 25 days. It is now a 43-day estimated delivery window of January 16 – February 27. They are still honoring my FUSC transfer, even though it won't be delivered until next year.

A datapoint about delivery dates: My MS reservation has had a 10-day estimated delivery window of December 22 – 31 for the last couple of weeks. As of today, the start of the window pushed out by 25 days. It is now a 43-day estimated delivery window of January 16 – February 27. They are still honoring my FUSC transfer, even though it won't be delivered until next year.
What was your order date and what configuration did you order?