Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received VIN this morning, MSLR SG, White interior, steering wheel, 19's. 2023 VIN 5YJSA1E58PF5284XX

Order was place 19 October; delivery slated 21-28 November.
Picked up my S at Seattle this morning: no issues at all. Trade-in of my 3 was without incident (they didn't even look at it) and new S looks great. Dropped right away for PPF and ceramic.
Now, e

My 19 October order (MSLR Stealth Grey/White/steering wheel/19) delivery estimate was 10 November - 2 December.

Now, every day it updates and the window gets shorter. So today (16 November) shows 16 November - 2 December.
Took delivery of my MSLR Stealth/White today at Seattle -- it couldn't have been much smoother. Trade-in of my 3 was totally painless (they didn't even look at it) and my new S arrived with 7 miles on the odometer. Team on the ground was very helpful -- even helped me look for any problems. Happily, found nothing wrong. Staff told me they inspect off the truck 2x before delivery, and that the S's have been very tight of late. Anyhow, a very happy experience and now I'm car-less while the S gets some PPF and ceramic. Thanks to all for the good advice here.

Attachments

• iScreen Shoter - Photos - 231121142834.png
    iScreen Shoter - Photos - 231121142834.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
Picked up my S at Seattle this morning: no issues at all. Trade-in of my 3 was without incident (they didn't even look at it) and new S looks great. Dropped right away for PPF and ceramic.

Took delivery of my MSLR Stealth/White today at Seattle -- it couldn't have been much smoother. Trade-in of my 3 was totally painless (they didn't even look at it) and my new S arrived with 7 miles on the odometer. Team on the ground was very helpful -- even helped me look for any problems. Happily, found nothing wrong. Staff told me they inspect off the truck 2x before delivery, and that the S's have been very tight of late. Anyhow, a very happy experience and now I'm car-less while the S gets some PPF and ceramic. Thanks to all for the good advice here.
Congrats Robert K! Enjoy that awesome new ride.

Reactions: aerodyne and robkap

Congrats! Honestly, this color is amazing in person and an upgrade compared to MSM. I think Tesla did a really good job with Stealth Grey and Ultra Red. I'm curious to see what they do with the other colors as well.

Anyone else noticed a large influx of inventory with MSM? There are three now locally, surprised to see new MSMs still popping into inventory.
Yeah. Year end buyers place orders Then decide they wanted something specific (like a 24) so instead of making cars people Ordered and want they are working on cars for people playing with the system as if they were just putting a phone back on the inventory shelf……. Just feel bad for those inquiring Why does my date keep moving?? Because they are building and shipping cars for the undecided first. Umph

Reactions: dsm363
Yeah. Year end buyers place orders Then decide they wanted something specific (like a 24) so instead of making cars people Ordered and want they are working on cars for people playing with the system as if they were just putting a phone back on the inventory shelf……. Just feel bad for those inquiring Why does my date keep moving?? Because they are building and shipping cars for the undecided first. Umph
Maybe they should make the deposit higher at the end of the year.

Maybe they should make the deposit higher at the end of the year.
That is my thought as well. NOT trying to back Tesla but many of these issues were created by maybe buyers gaming the system. And in doing so Many of the valuable buyer flexibility was taken away due to abuse of the system. I remember a few years ago you could return the car if you weren’t satisfied now you get 100 miles and a shot gun delivery. They Should make it a 1k Plus deposit. They would drastically reduce the irrational buyers play with more skin in the game to loose and certainly iron out delivery estimates for all buyers.

That is my thought as well. NOT trying to back Tesla but many of these issues were created by maybe buyers gaming the system. And in doing so Many of the valuable buyer flexibility was taken away due to abuse of the system. I remember a few years ago you could return the car if you weren’t satisfied now you get 100 miles and a shot gun delivery. They Should make it a 1k Plus deposit. They would drastically reduce the irrational buyers play with more skin in the game to loose and certainly iron out delivery estimates for all buyers.
In all fairness, I wasn’t gaming the system. it was my first Tesla order and all the info on this forum pointed to me getting a 2024 by the end of November. That was not the case so I canceled and will wait a bit longer. I agree that the deposit should be much larger and in the range of $5,000. A 5% deposit seems fair.

In all fairness, I wasn’t gaming the system. it was my first Tesla order and all the info on this forum pointed to me getting a 2024 by the end of November. That was not the case so I canceled and will wait a bit longer. I agree that the deposit should be much larger and in the range of $5,000. A 5% deposit seems fair.
Hopefully you know I was Not pointing at you. Honestly Every year end there is some new “assumed” maybe feature speculation and the order juggling game happens like clock work at the cost of those that actually Want the car they ordered with a reasonable delivery estimate.

Reactions: Septocaine
When I never understood is why does the next model year matter? Assuming identical configurations, it really makes no difference unless you’re planning on selling the car in three years maybe.

Reactions: chukieboy
My VIN was assigned this morning and the EDD was updated to 12/1 - 12/9. 🥳
Scheduled delivery for 12/2 today! Couple of interesting tidbits:

1. Tesla is now able to directly collect sales tax and registration fees in Texas. SA says this change occurred about a week ago.

2. Although I live within 15 miles of a couple delivery centers, the app only offered home delivery. Are there any cons to home delivery?

Thank you all for the useful info over the last few weeks. I’m hoping for a smooth delivery experience. 🤞🏻

1. Tesla is now able to directly collect sales tax and registration fees in Texas. SA says this change occurred about a week ago.

2. Although I live within 15 miles of a couple delivery centers, the app only offered home delivery. Are there any cons to home delivery?

Thank you all for the useful info over the last few weeks. I’m hoping for a smooth delivery experience. 🤞🏻
Congrats. Home delivery is all they used to do very early on. I can’t see any downside but just make sure you’re happy with the vehicle before they leave.

I would think home delivery is the best of the best. Surely, you only take delivery once you sign the paperwork. You basically hold the delivery driver hostage lol. Maybe I'm wrong.

• Funny
Reactions: chukieboy and teko
I think Tesla has some responsibility by not making things predictable. Any other make you know well in advance when the new model year is coming, whether that model year change has any notable feature changes, and whether there will be a price increase with the new model year. Often there’ll be incentives on end of model year cars to keep the inventory moving too.

They could make the deposit 1k or more, but, they will have significant increase in rejections too I think