Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received this email/text from a Tesla Delivery Advisor this morning...no change to EDD
So now the Tesla 'Bot' is named "Monique" huh? LOL. 😜 Perhaps one day in the future, Tesla will realize that humans really need other actual, real-live humans to talk with and interact with when purchasing a $100k+ vehicle. Their customer service (if you can really call it that) sucks balls. :rolleyes:
🤬

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: impastu and cwanja
Maybe so, but let's see if Tesla gets anywhere with that lawsuit. People change jobs all the time; IP, ideas, knowledge, etc. (from each employee when switching to another company) depend on non-compete contracts and if/how they're broken. Remember Amazon & Ford have skin in the game with Rivian, so, it's not exactly a gorilla fighting a mouse. ;)
I'm fairly certain there is a robust trade secrets section of the non-compete/non-solicitation.

When do they start numbering their cars for 2022?
Cars manufactured after October 1st will receive the "2022" year designation in their VIN. You could still be assigned a 2021 VIN after October 1st, meaning the car was built before October 1st.

If you are curious, or can prove this theory wrong by ask an advisor for the born on date.

How do you know that this car was not manufactured in September? Ask for the born on date and report back.
OK. That makes sense, sure. I'll do that. Calling SA now....
May be the MY was manufactured prior to Sep 30th and is being delivered now. I guess for it to be 2022 model it has to be made in October.
UGH! My SA is off Mon & Tues. (at least he is not dead, as I had thought before). I'll rpt back when he gets me DOB for car.

Cars manufactured after October 1st will receive the "2022" year designation in their VIN. You could still be assigned a 2021 VIN after October 1st, meaning the car was built before October 1st.

If you are curious, or can prove this theory wrong by ask an advisor for the born on date.
sometimes the advisor knows less then us here, just saying out loud :)

Heads up for SoCal Plaid res holders.

I am at the new Tesla Store in Camarillo CA. Service is excellent...two hours with a DA on a new MY for a friend.

And, they have people you can talk to! SA showed me his secret inventory list, 7 red plaids available NOW!

One Is red cream walnut in Burbank...
Say hi to JP for me (Omar). Took great care of us when he was at the Agoura center. Awesome guy. Now he runs the place in Camarillo, no? I've got that location set for our MY P, but need to change the Plaid there too as soon as I get VIN/contacted.

So, yeah, now they're telling me "mid-Oct - mid-Nov." Gee, where/when have I heard that one before? 🤔 :rolleyes: It could happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's pushed out further. Still not understanding why, since we're hearing about more white on white/cf MS Plaids getting VINs and being delivered? Whatever. Tesla just blew out quarterly sales numbers (which of course didn't include so many of our cars we ordered many months ago but anyhow), blah blah blah...hope the stock goes up 50+ pts on Monday...but I doubt it. The cars are amazing, but the company is soooooooo f'ed up! 🤬😜

FWIW, it seems like most ppl that have been on this TMC thread for several months are now gone, enjoying their new MS Plaids/LRs after taking delivery, lol. So, as you know, there are a few of us still here...waiting patiently for our cars..."hello, Tesla...did you hear that?" ....crickets...crickets... :p
I just scheduled my pickup for Wednesday. Model S Plaid BLK/WHT/CF/19s and FSD.

Ladies and Gents, thanks for everything. I've learned a lot and hope I contributed for others as well. This will be my last post unless I see a need to jump in to help someone else with everything I've learned through the entire ordering and waiting process, the hundreds of videos watched, articles read and forums followed. I have talked circles around certain SA's with all my knowledge now 🤣!
My delivery is finally complete. Had a service appointment for something else today (made the day after delivery through the app) and they (after I mentioned it a few times sitting in the waiting area) somehow dug deep and came up with all my mats, trunk mats and covers, trunk shelf, as well as the back model S license plate bracket which without this forum, I didn't even realize was missing. Aside of "future" Tesla service needs, I'm officially done with the buying, waiting, waiting, waiting, delivery, delivered with missing items, waiting, a couple gaps out of spec all fixed. ALL DONE! 😉
What I learned today: The app service appointment and updates you make. They still see all of the prior services requested even if you delete them up to the date or even a week before because you fixed something yourself or figured something out in the interim. So, the appointment conversation when I arrived started with something I put in 3 weeks ago that I also took off/changed/deleted almost as long ago. They apparently need someone to go in and manually clean it up on their end using your most recent (even though I deleted the things from 3 weeks ago thinking they'd be gone). Once you hear "manually" and Tesla ya know what I'm saying lol....I also sat there and heard folks walk in and reschedule appointments when each was told 2-4 hours. I decided to leave and mine was done in 45 minutes as I expected....so that stunk that I left and had to come back. I was planning to sit with no loaners but they did offer Uber credits...but not much you can do on that - was just luck the car was done so fast coupled with I had very little needing attention. Next point - appointments aren't your locked in time. Meaning a 9:30 doesn't mean you car goes in at 9:30 but means you're in queue for the day - at least with my MA SC. I also heard others balk at the wait because of personal scheduling challenges and we're given options for the next day at 8 am!! At least two different people offered early next day slots. This is important because if I went into the app to schedule, you can be assured first available would have been weeks out. Note to self, to drive by to schedule depending on issue because I'm fortunate enough to have the SC 20-30 minutes away. Lastly, I saw the service front desk people answering phones. I asked how that happens when I call the local number and end up with someone from NV or CA. He said he'd give me his direct line. Um....still waiting on that!! 😆
Great luck. It's the single greatest purchase I've made. The car is nuts incredible across every front you're aware of already including the sound system. F'ing abusive Elon. Breaks you down through the process and delivers the car of your dreams building you back up in the end.

Say hi to JP for me (Omar). Took great care of us when he was at the Agoura center. Awesome guy. Now he runs the place in Camarillo, no? I've got that location set for our MY P, but need to change the Plaid there too as soon as I get VIN/contacted.
Are you able to do that? Mine is currently set for Santa Barbara delivery, but I'd rather pick up in Camarillo (I'm in Ventura).

How do you know this as fact? Not sure how you know while my local Tesla SC Mgr and Florida RM told me they're unsure of when Tesla will be changing newly produced vehicles to model year 2022?

At the request of my SA, I submitted data and pics of my 2020 Model Y LR for a Trade-in Valuation. It was delivered in May 2020 and has less than 3600 miles on it with no dents, dings or scratches. Original cost $56,290 including MSM, black and white interior, destination and documentation, but excluding taxes, fees, and license.

Just got the Trade-In credit from Tesla - $44,000. About 78% of the original cost after 15 months. Thoughts?

Vistan

Update for those interested: My Trade-In estimate for my Model Y of $44,000 expired on Sep 30. Got a new estimate of $42,900 today after adding about 200 miles the past month. Still have a blank EDD since 9/18.

Vistan

How do you know this as fact? Not sure how you know while my local Tesla SC Mgr and Florida RM told me they're unsure of when Tesla will be changing newly produced vehicles to model year 2022?
While Tesla originally tied a car's (model) year identifier to the calendar year build date, that changed in 2019 when they released cars as 2020s starting in October 2019. This was true again in 2020 for 2021.

So 99.9% confident that this is also the case this year.

Look at car VINs produced in October / November / December of 2019 and 2020. That is all the facts you need.
Not sure how you know while my local Tesla SC Mgr and Florida RM told me they're unsure of when Tesla will be changing newly produced vehicles to model year 2022?
How many pages of evidence do you need that this message board typically knows more than your "Tesla SC Mgr and Florida RM"? Throw a dart at this thread and I bet it sticks.

While Tesla originally tied a car's (model) year identifier to the calendar year build date, that changed in 2019 when they released cars as 2020s starting in October 2019. This was true again in 2020 for 2021.

So 99.9% confident that this is also the case this year.
Great...except I know I'm not getting a 2022 model year MS Plaid. How do I know? Becuase I just got (another) VIN!!! If they don't take it away from me (again)!!!! VIN 5YJSA1E62MF... 😜 🤔 :cool: Est Delivery: 10/9/21 - 10/24/21...so mid-late Oct I guess...if that doesn't get pushed out to Nov.

Ladies and Gents, thanks for everything. I've learned a lot and hope I contributed for others as well. This will be my last post unless I see a need to jump in to help someone else with everything I've learned through the entire ordering and waiting process, the hundreds of videos watched, articles read and forums followed. I have talked circles around certain SA's with all my knowledge now 🤣!
My delivery is finally complete. Had a service appointment for something else today (made the day after delivery through the app) and they (after I mentioned it a few times sitting in the waiting area) somehow dug deep and came up with all my mats, trunk mats and covers, trunk shelf, as well as the back model S license plate bracket which without this forum, I didn't even realize was missing. Aside of "future" Tesla service needs, I'm officially done with the buying, waiting, waiting, waiting, delivery, delivered with missing items, waiting, a couple gaps out of spec all fixed. ALL DONE! 😉
What I learned today: The app service appointment and updates you make. They still see all of the prior services requested even if you delete them up to the date or even a week before because you fixed something yourself or figured something out in the interim. So, the appointment conversation when I arrived started with something I put in 3 weeks ago that I also took off/changed/deleted almost as long ago. They apparently need someone to go in and manually clean it up on their end using your most recent (even though I deleted the things from 3 weeks ago thinking they'd be gone). Once you hear "manually" and Tesla ya know what I'm saying lol....I also sat there and heard folks walk in and reschedule appointments when each was told 2-4 hours. I decided to leave and mine was done in 45 minutes as I expected....so that stunk that I left and had to come back. I was planning to sit with no loaners but they did offer Uber credits...but not much you can do on that - was just luck the car was done so fast coupled with I had very little needing attention. Next point - appointments aren't your locked in time. Meaning a 9:30 doesn't mean you car goes in at 9:30 but means you're in queue for the day - at least with my MA SC. I also heard others balk at the wait because of personal scheduling challenges and we're given options for the next day at 8 am!! At least two different people offered early next day slots. This is important because if I went into the app to schedule, you can be assured first available would have been weeks out. Note to self, to drive by to schedule depending on issue because I'm fortunate enough to have the SC 20-30 minutes away. Lastly, I saw the service front desk people answering phones. I asked how that happens when I call the local number and end up with someone from NV or CA. He said he'd give me his direct line. Um....still waiting on that!! 😆
Great luck. It's the single greatest purchase I've made. The car is nuts incredible across every front you're aware of already including the sound system. F'ing abusive Elon. Breaks you down through the process and delivers the car of your dreams building you back up in the end.
Man, you ordered my same exact configuration (MSLR, black/black/19/FSD), but 1 month later than me, with a later RN (1150 vs 1148). Glad you got your car.

So now the Tesla 'Bot' is named "Monique" huh? LOL. 😜 Perhaps one day in the future, Tesla will realize that humans really need other actual, real-live humans to talk with and interact with when purchasing a $100k+ vehicle. Their customer service (if you can really call it that) sucks balls. :rolleyes:
🤬
From what I’ve read and observed it sucks a lot more that ! There are exceptions however, that have been noted. I was lucky and was delivered my Plaid at the end of June. I am very sorry for sflgator and others that have had to be put through Tesla purgatory.