Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MS LR EDD changed again to Oct 4-9 from Sept-various dates. Question: I have travel plans to Mexico from Oct 8-16. Will they hold the car until I return?
I don't want to cancel my trip, but I don't want to take chances on losing my 6 month place in line.
Did you get a VIN number? I would tell them of your trip plans. Perhaps they’ll hold it as it’s no longer the EOQ.

MS LR EDD changed again to Oct 4-9 from Sept-various dates. Question: I have travel plans to Mexico from Oct 8-16. Will they hold the car until I return?
I don't want to cancel my trip, but I don't want to take chances on losing my 6 month place in line.
Don't forget to update the tracking sheet:

They won't hold it very long but given it's not the last month of quarter they may be more lenient, particularly if you fully fund your account. You also may consider having a friend take delivery with power or attorney. It's anyone's guess whether your local SC has experience with or will accept a power of attorney, but worth the question.

I’m very curious how this pans out as I have a trip pending and our two EDDs (S Plaid + MY P) are in that same event horizon.

I’m very curious how this pans out as I have a trip pending and our two EDDs (S Plaid + MY P) are in that same event horizon.
I was notified of my delivery availability last week while I was out of town... had to give it up as I know they were not holding it past EOQ. But I already have a new EDD for Oct 18-Nov 7...so it reset quickly. But then again, those EDD are not super reliable.

Young lady pulls out of a Publix onto an adjacent road.
My wife was driving down that road and was hit square in the side of her car.

The young “lady” followed your advice.

It took me three years and $120k in legal expenses to get back the $25k in damages.

This was in spite of the lady being charged with failure to stop at a stop sign resulting in an accident.

Your advice may seem wise to you but I would ask you to look around at the world we live in and ask if that approach to life is having a positive affect on society.
Hopefully you recovered legal fees as well!

Yeah that was a huge pile of crap lol tbh, offered as an explanation for the Osborne Effect that Tesla kinda brought on itself by the making the Plus so good w/ limited battery supply. I think Tesla will have many many EVs with super high range, and just one reason alone is how competitive Elon is with other companies, especially ones where the chief engineer of the MS is involved.

I don't believe that the MS is actually as inefficient as Lucid may think. There have been multiple people saying there is at least 10-15% range increases coming soon. Someone on Reddit even uncovered something in the code called an "efficiency package." In April and May, there were reports that Tesla was achieving nearly 500 miles of range out of the LR at highway speeds. So it's possible that the LR has another 40 to 60 miles in it, with just the current 18650s and a 100 kWh pack. If they went to 112 kWh like Lucid, they would match them no problem. So I think this battle will be quite interesting, and I'm wondering what will be the car that makes Tesla push that update? EQS, EQE, or Air? Either which way, I strongly believe it's in the books.😁
I 100% believe Tesla is sandbagging on both range and performance with the new cars.

I think you should keep an eye on Rivian for their max battery in late 2022 or 2023…both will be offered in their R1T and R1S I believe for > 400mi range. The current large battery in the Rivian truck & SUV are 314-316mi max battery range. Still decent if accurate.
The expansion to the IP-theft lawsuit lends some credence to that 🤣

I 100% believe Tesla is sandbagging on both range and performance with the new cars.
Exactly.

And once they get the data to support higher power levels (warranty claims and reliability data), my crystal ball says that they'll end up making more power available to us in the future. As to how much they're going to charge for this extra fun remains to be seen.

In the past, Tesla has always played it safe on power delivery to make sure the components can handle it. Then as long as they have the data to back it up, they've made additional power available. The Model 3 LR AWD is a great example of this: several power bumps that were completely free.

I haven't followed the Model S as closely, but I think there's even some history with the S to support this as well.

Exactly.

And once they get the data to support higher power levels (warranty claims and reliability data), my crystal ball says that they'll end up making more power available to us in the future. As to how much they're going to charge for this extra fun remains to be seen.

In the past, Tesla has always played it safe on power delivery to make sure the components can handle it. Then as long as they have the data to back it up, they've made additional power available. The Model 3 LR AWD is a great example of this: several power bumps that were completely free.

I haven't followed the Model S as closely, but I think there's even some history with the S to support this as well.
Yup--this is typical MO--be conservative up front then loosen up the reigns with data in hand.

Yeah lol right? This happens all the time, but definitely a shaking-my-head moment:

To my knowledge, Elon hasn't ever been the type of guy that files frivolous law suits.

It'll really be interesting to see how this plays out.

To my knowledge, Elon hasn't ever been the type of guy that files frivolous law suits.

It'll really be interesting to see how this plays out.
Agreed. Elon, or even Tesla, doesn't have the time nor do they want to be screwing around in a court room with tiny companies like Rivian. So there must be a reason for it. Like you say, it will be interesting for sure.

Maybe they’ll figure a way to resolve the yoke vein, huh? Oh and what ever happened to the s/w updates that unlock the MS Plaid’s 163mph speed limit to 200mph and/or the ANC, tilting main screen (oh wait, wasn’t that confirmed to be a likely 2022 hardware retrofit fix for that?), and making it so the rear seat occupants can watch Netflix movies independently with Bluetooth audio while the front seat occupants can listen to music in the car? And lastly, what about FSD “after beta” …like real, actual FSD s/w that we can use without getting into an accident? Hasn’t FSD been in “beta” for like 7 years? 😏

Sorry for the sarcastic rants; just want my car I ordered > 8 months ago, lol. 🙏🏻🤪
+1
BTW, somewhere on here, someone asked if any deliveries after Oct.1st are going to have VINs with 2022 or "NF" and they are NOT. My other order (granted, it's for the MY) just got assigned a VIN yesterday and it is 2021 or "MF". Rats! So, looks like Tesla is sticking with the calendar year changeover for their Model year changeover.
This hellscape we're stuck in just sucks! I am going to now have to defer my MS till 2022, I guess. I need high resale to be able to afford that Roadster in 2024-25. SHEEEEISSS!

"To me, this situation is a blood-soaked, nightmarish, Hellscape!"