Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 3 was more nimble for sure but the refresh closed that gap considerably. The steering felt a tad tighter on the 3 and some of this might be having a proper wheel, but I could take tight turns at a higher rate of speed more confidently in the 3.

Zipping through traffic, or parking lots is no issue at all and should take very little time to get used to.

The S suspension is still very plush, while the 3 was more harsh IMO. So it’s a very good balance.

The refresh is far more enjoyable to drive than the previous S. For me it’s not even remotely close. But I was not a fan of my 2020 S at all from a driving standpoint.
I’m understanding steering tightens up with the setting on sport? I forget the settings but recall one is sport, comfort etc. I’m assuming that’d tighten up the steering to be like my CTS as an example.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Thanks @sflgator! I've been searching for good pics of this wheel on the refresh S. Is it me, or do they look larger than 21s? Either way, I love the fitment. I wonder how close the black triple tinted are to MSM. My OCD is hoping they are very similar colors.
Did you not see these images?

Did you not see these images?

Oh I did! I count yours among those I've seen. Beautiful stance and setup! I really want to know how close the brushed black triple tinted is to MSM. Or if they are obviously different colors, in which case the gloss black will become more attractive to me.

EDIT: South Jersey isn't far from me. Maybe we could meet up after I get my MSM.

It sounds like you’re a fellow pilot. I just picked up my MSLR so I don’t have the data as of yet. But I know I have a Model 3 I use as an airport car in my domicile. I turn off sentry mode and leave it for weeks at a time. During those long sits, the car will only lose MAYBE a mile a day, but often time less. Ive gone 20 days with no charge and it only lost 10 miles. So if you are willing to park it without Sentry, I think you will be fine.
That is GREAT info. I was debating whether sentry mode would really be necessary at the airport or not. I was actually concerned that it would attract more attention than just the car sitting there.

I hear ya--my thought is maybe keep it around 70 for your outbound leg and see how your range holds ups. Without the energy app, we are all flying a little blind, which kinda sucks. You can then make adjustments on speed on the way back and for subsequent trips. Alos a good time to load the PlugShare app on your phone. At those speeds, wind resistance increases as a square (approx) of speed, so a 10 mph difference in speed can make a big difference either way.

My own story about this: my office is 220 miles round trip to the Bay Area and my P85 had a range of 265 miles, so I had 40 miles to play with (this was 2013 so there zero charging infra on the route). My first trip, I was so paranoid I think I drove 60 the entire way down. My wife thought EVs were a science project back then and if I had to be flat-bedded home, I would *never* hear the end of it. Luckily, the car did fine and I was able to drive 65 on the way back and rolled into the garage with 20 miles of range. Luckily the Fremont Supercharge opened a couple of months later. :)
That is a good plan to follow. DEF need the energy app. If I ever have to tow that thing, it'll probably ruin me for EVs for the future!! lol.

@Venom Well, from one who was on the fence about getting the S Plaid, I can only make reference to a Liberty Mutual commercial. “Plaid, you’re an animal! Who’s got the bird legs now?” “Chicken?” Ha ha ha
More seriously, no regrets or buyers remorse. The acceleration is “violent”. When I take people out, I tell them to get prepared and brace themselves. They do and then I nail it… even though they prepared, they were not!
Same reaction by non-Tesla owners in my LR+, or, even my 3 LR. Glad I saved 100k+ 😀

That is a good plan to follow. DEF need the energy app. If I ever have to tow that thing, it'll probably ruin me for EVs for the future!! lol.

Coming from short time experience (but now 7k miles) with high range anxiety going into the whole EV thing, do not overthink it and just plan ahead. Depending on where you are at, locationwise, you may not be able to wing it. I finding a lot of day trips I can easily make in one charge. Before I had it, it was pretty anxious about it - now, not so much.

Coming from short time experience (but now 7k miles) with high range anxiety going into the whole EV thing, do not overthink it and just plan ahead. Depending on where you are at, locationwise, you may not be able to wing it. I finding a lot of day trips I can easily make in one charge. Before I had it, it was pretty anxious about it - now, not so much.
I do have a bugout plan if it all goes to hell in a hand basket on the drive home someday. There is a random charging station buried in east Texas, just off I-20 at a bakery. It is my "Emergency Diversion Charge Location." You should always have a plan. Remember, "Russian's don't take a dump, son, without a plan!!!"

In 5 days
11 Aug showed - 28 Aug - 17 Sep
12 Aug showed - 25 Aug - 14 Sep
13 Aug showed - 28 Aug - 11 Sep
14 Aug showed - 26 Aug - 8 Sep
15 Aug shows - 27 Aug - 8 Sep

Getting closer. Just gotta wonder, WHERE'S MY CAR ELON???
Seems like some dept. somewhere in the great depths of Tesla got their arses handed to them when all the complaining a week or so ago got to unprecedented levels and actually made it to the right people about blank edd's etc...then there was a fire lit under that dept's arse lol...now that disgruntled manager is doing a "Oh yeah, I'll show them" and is f'ing with everyone with the daily updates...exciting. Great luck!

Last edited:
@fafson At delivery, I requested a forced load of 2021.24.x. Service agreed to do it during the prep. I was told it would take an additional 50 minutes for the load, so my delivery was a tad delayed. When I got the car, they told me their system attempted the load, but the Tesla configurator would not let it load to my car for some reason. Seems like Tesla is limiting what cars get 2021.24 at this point. So, still on 2021.12.4.9 right now....
Congrats !!! Looks great. My EDD is still Aug 14-20 🤩

This is great to hear. Can you talk a little bit more about handling vs your 3? How is it for daily driving (eg your 35mph trip to the grocery and weaving through the parking lot)? Size wise, how long to get used to the extra width?

sorry for being a broken record on this for anyone not interested in these comparisons!
Thanks for asking, definitely interested