Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SA that walked me through the delivery was really great, no reason he would lie to me. I asked the specific question because I was asked to earlier by another person that lives in NY. I asked and he answered definitively. They did not have a lot of cars in their lot that I could see but it was late in the day for deliveries.

Still stand by until we see pictures from someone….ANYONE….I don’t believe any 19” cars have been delivered!! SA said = 💩

@HumanInput I took delivery today. I think it’s unfair I got your car before you but it’s a beaut!

A95D8B2B-CF22-4445-BAEC-0FD2225625B1.jpeg

First thoughts of Tesla MS LR after an hour of driving.

Cosmetics:
Exterior - the car is really beautiful and well build. Truly impressed with the design, although the changes are subtle, they are impactful and the car just looks tougher than it did.

Wheels - I don’t love the color of the Arachnid wheels. They are pretty rugged looking but I think I am going to powder coat them. I have a black exterior and the look of the wheels on the car that Elon drove on the stage with are what I am looking for. Looked like some kind of a chrome to black sunburst.

Interior - simply awesome, simplistic and classy. I was nervous about the cream interior but now I feel very good about my choice. The screen is beautiful, fluid and incredibly functional. I have never owned a Tesla and its very intuitive. The only think I need to figure out is auto pilot/FSD.

Audio System - for a stock unit, its powerful and clear. Issue is the frequency range. A solid signal processor from the factory head unit to some improved amplification equipment a Focal 10” sub and Focal Utopia 3 way speakers in the front and we can make this work. Will use a high end DAC as the source. There is a great AV pro that has done amazing work on Tesla’s in the past that I will be bringing my car to in a couple of months.

Yoke Steering Wheel - Before taking delivery, I read lots of mixed reviews. To be honest, the Yoke is going to take some getting used to. A lot of the complaints I have read are about the signal controls, I actually think those will be easy in a day or two. But the actual Yoke itself is different and feels different. My 19 YO son came with me. As soon as we got on the highway, the combination of the acceleration and the yoke, I got a bit nervous. I am sure after a week it will be fine but like many others have said, it takes some getting used to.

LR Acceleration - Now I think I might be afraid of the Plaid and glad I didn’t order it. No offense to those Plaid owners out there but the LR is really plenty. I hit the accelerator hard a whole bunch of times and force is insane. I have been in and driven some powerful cars but this was different. You just feel the pull of the car and its not just to 60, it felt and quick and smooth to about 105 is where I took my foot off. It will be a lot more fun when I get more comfortable with the yoke and feel that I have solid control over the car.

Handling - Doesn’t make any sense to me how this car handles the way it does. I am coming from a BMW M4 Convertible which handled great, the Tesla is night and day better in tight turns and higher speeds. I’m a finance guy, not a physics guy and this just doesn’t make and sense how Tesla was able to make this happen.

Delivery Experience - Almost as great as the car. Quick and easy and my advisor Dylan Karlok (if you take delivery at Mt. Kisco, ask for him)was as good as you can possibly be. Me and my son were sitting up front, he jumped in the back and gave us a really simple to follow tutorial and set us up completely. He is also a big Tesla fanboy, very much into the company and truly knows a lot about the company and the cars themselves. Once we had the car all figured out, I had to sign and initial a few registration forms and off we went.

For those of you suffering in anticipation, its worth the agony. It’s not perfect but its exceeded my extremely lofty expectations. Hope you all take delivery soon.
Thank you so much for the write up. Sounds like the car keeps pulling hard after 60MPH, which is an absolute joy to hear. Looking forward to other LR owners provide their feedback about that as well.

As for the audio, perhaps when your AV guy starts to tear it apart, you can take some early photos of the stock subwoofer enclosure and the OEM subwoofer itself. Some folks have complained already that it isn't boomy like the 3 and Y.

Black, black interior, wood, 21 inch rims, FSD. Placed this order actually on Thursday last week, so this car was not built for me. Wondering if I stole someones VIN or someone rejected the car. I'll be looking it over really well.
Wow, you placed this order last week? That some messed up priority queue Tesla uses considering there are hundreds ahead of you. Congratulations nonetheless

First thoughts of Tesla MS LR after an hour of driving.

Cosmetics:
Exterior - the car is really beautiful and well build. Truly impressed with the design, although the changes are subtle, they are impactful and the car just looks tougher than it did.

Wheels - I don’t love the color of the Arachnid wheels. They are pretty rugged looking but I think I am going to powder coat them. I have a black exterior and the look of the wheels on the car that Elon drove on the stage with are what I am looking for. Looked like some kind of a chrome to black sunburst.

Interior - simply awesome, simplistic and classy. I was nervous about the cream interior but now I feel very good about my choice. The screen is beautiful, fluid and incredibly functional. I have never owned a Tesla and its very intuitive. The only think I need to figure out is auto pilot/FSD.

Audio System - for a stock unit, its powerful and clear. Issue is the frequency range. A solid signal processor from the factory head unit to some improved amplification equipment a Focal 10” sub and Focal Utopia 3 way speakers in the front and we can make this work. Will use a high end DAC as the source. There is a great AV pro that has done amazing work on Tesla’s in the past that I will be bringing my car to in a couple of months.

Yoke Steering Wheel - Before taking delivery, I read lots of mixed reviews. To be honest, the Yoke is going to take some getting used to. A lot of the complaints I have read are about the signal controls, I actually think those will be easy in a day or two. But the actual Yoke itself is different and feels different. My 19 YO son came with me. As soon as we got on the highway, the combination of the acceleration and the yoke, I got a bit nervous. I am sure after a week it will be fine but like many others have said, it takes some getting used to.

LR Acceleration - Now I think I might be afraid of the Plaid and glad I didn’t order it. No offense to those Plaid owners out there but the LR is really plenty. I hit the accelerator hard a whole bunch of times and force is insane. I have been in and driven some powerful cars but this was different. You just feel the pull of the car and its not just to 60, it felt and quick and smooth to about 105 is where I took my foot off. It will be a lot more fun when I get more comfortable with the yoke and feel that I have solid control over the car.

Handling - Doesn’t make any sense to me how this car handles the way it does. I am coming from a BMW M4 Convertible which handled great, the Tesla is night and day better in tight turns and higher speeds. I’m a finance guy, not a physics guy and this just doesn’t make and sense how Tesla was able to make this happen.

Delivery Experience - Almost as great as the car. Quick and easy and my advisor Dylan Karlok (if you take delivery at Mt. Kisco, ask for him)was as good as you can possibly be. Me and my son were sitting up front, he jumped in the back and gave us a really simple to follow tutorial and set us up completely. He is also a big Tesla fanboy, very much into the company and truly knows a lot about the company and the cars themselves. Once we had the car all figured out, I had to sign and initial a few registration forms and off we went.

For those of you suffering in anticipation, its worth the agony. It’s not perfect but its exceeded my extremely lofty expectations. Hope you all take delivery soon.
Coming from a BMW M4 Vert...the acceleration of the new MS LR with 670HP/TQ would likely make your M4 feel like a rocking chair, lol. BMW's are great but not the most TQ out there. But yeah, we hear 'ya...the Plaid is quite insane but for people who drove Lambos, McLarens, Ferraris, GT-Rs, etc, the feeling of a 9.2 sec @ 153mph 1/4 mi car will not be frightening, it will be quite exhilarating and fun (as long as we're all careful and responsible!).

The excellent handling is achieved mostly b/c of the very low center of gravity and 50/50 weight distribution as well as the actual suspension doing its work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ormond and Emiller
Wow, you placed this order last week? That some messed up priority queue Tesla uses considering there are hundreds ahead of you. Congratulations nonetheless
If the rumors are true about VINs being reassigned for the sake of quarter end numbers, that's a major slap in the face of some of those who have been waiting since last year (not myself as a note). All I can say is they better be able to ramp up production and fulfill the backlog of orders - especially for those who put more than $100 as a deposit.

I can't imagine how those who bought a Roadster are feeling given they had to put down large sums upwards of years ago now.

I think I figured out why they have pushed the yoke so hard-- the vent for the driver comes right out of the top of the instrument cluster. The wheel would obstruct the flow. So far I don't like it and I want my turn signal stalk back.
Got to wonder if enough refresh MS customers complain about the yoke steering post delivery, will Tesla basically be forced to offer a free (or costly?) swap for a regular round steering wheel (stalkless though?) in the near future? Unfortunately, something tells me the answer will be NO.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Greg29 and croman
I can't imagine how those who bought a Roadster are feeling given they had to put down large sums upwards of years ago now.

Not nearly as bad as the FSD buyers in 2016 like myself that have very little to show for it (EAP covers all of FSD except stop light/stop sign which still requires stalk confirmation when you're the lead car and way too often with slightly distant cars ahead).

At least Roadster people still get some substantive Elon teases like new design ideas or solicitations to change a design 3 years after it was sold to them. Its been 5 years of 3 months maybe, 6 months definitely kind of bullshit on FSD from Tesla/Elon.