Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well someone already posted that their friend was told it's "almost" ready for production. If that's true, shouldn't expect to see anything at least for weeks. You have to assume that definitely doesn't mean "days".

The earnings call was just announced to be April 26. He will likely have to give some update then regardless. My money is on the new timeline for first deliveries being mid to late May.
Also the dude from reddit was definitely lying about vins. All in all, the most I'm hoping for is the call Elon mentioned 2 months ago. Don't think we will get it, but it would be nice to know what the hell we are buying.

@Nappypapi I found a potentially more effective way of divining info on our cars and have taken up actual reading of tea leaves. Working on what these are telling me right now...I think they say “Estimated Delivery: -“

1618146745248.jpeg

Almost mid-April and no communication as promised.

Delays are not desirable but understandable and forgivable. But lack of communication is frustrating. I am new to Tesla and like to get into a "long-term relationship" with our cars since I buy frequently, This does not bode well for Tesla. We may cancel our X for the new Cadillac coming since they may be out a similar times if delays keep up.

The bigger issue on delivery is that I went to the JLR dealer and the have a spec'd Defender 90X that I have been wanting ready for delivery. All my JLR vehicles have been great and better yet - JLR is great to deal with and communicates. They even told me the boat and video link to see it coming in on port. The delay is palatable but if still now communication soon, I will just go with the Defender and cancel Tesla. When ready in 1-2 years for a new car, will see what EV's are on the market.

This kills me because I am vested in Tesla and really want this to work but if this is how customer service works, then no thank you. Will stick out a little longer for delivery news.

Almost mid-April and no communication as promised.

Delays are not desirable but understandable and forgivable. But lack of communication is frustrating. I am new to Tesla and like to get into a "long-term relationship" with our cars since I buy frequently, This does not bode well for Tesla. We may cancel our X for the new Cadillac coming since they may be out a similar times if delays keep up.

The bigger issue on delivery is that I went to the JLR dealer and the have a spec'd Defender 90X that I have been wanting ready for delivery. All my JLR vehicles have been great and better yet - JLR is great to deal with and communicates. They even told me the boat and video link to see it coming in on port. The delay is palatable but if still now communication soon, I will just go with the Defender and cancel Tesla. When ready in 1-2 years for a new car, will see what EV's are on the market.

This kills me because I am vested in Tesla and really want this to work but if this is how customer service works, then no thank you. Will stick out a little longer for delivery news.
Big differences between a LR Defender SUV and refreshed Tesla Model S/X; can’t even compare since it’s an ICE vehicle vs. EV. My wife drives a 2018 LR RR Velar and we love it but her next vehicle will almost certainly be an EV of some sort as well. Deliveries of the refreshed Tesla Model S and Model X are likely coming May - July so you’re looking at another 1-3 months; it’s not like you’ll be waiting until the end of the year. Hey, I’m new to Tesla but not new to the EV world so I understand delays and patience. If you have another vehicle to drive until you can take delivery on your Tesla, you might be kicking yourself in the arse if you don’t wait a bit more. Just my $0.02.